finally got the Note 2 and already need help....

Drew_P

Reaction score
Well as the title states, I finally purchased my Note 2......but have a problem. I switched to a share everything plan and gave up my unlimited (got a helluva deal) but now when I try and use my hotspot, the screen goes black for a second and a window pops up saying that settings has shut down, then I'm right back to the hotspot screen. Anyone else have this issue? And if so, was it ever resolved, and how? Thanks in advance.....

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Congrats on the N2!

I don't have a share everything plan, so all hot spot I do is via some kind of hackery ... So I a, not any help to ya. Hopefully someone will come along with something to help you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Its cool, and thanks. I've been waiting to get this beast for so long, I almost didn't believe it when I brought it home lol
And yeah, I'm sure someone will post a fix. That's why I love these forums, people sharing their love and knowledge of tech :)

musicmelanie3

Reaction score
Well as the title states, I finally purchased my Note 2......but have a problem. I switched to a share everything plan and gave up my unlimited (got a helluva deal) but now when I try and use my hotspot, the screen goes black for a second and a window pops up saying that settings has shut down, then I'm right back to the hotspot screen. Anyone else have this issue? And if so, was it ever resolved, and how? Thanks in advance.....

I'm assuming you have Verizon. I gave up my unlimited data for "share everything" also (helluva deal). I just tried my hotspot just now & I had no problem. Did you check Verizon?...it could be on their end.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Droid Forums

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have Verizon. I gave up my unlimited data for "share everything" also (helluva deal). I just tried my hotspot just now & I had no problem. Did you check Verizon?...it could be on their end.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Droid Forums

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention i have the Verizon version. I've already called and made a trouble ticket, but still haven't heard back. Figured I'd post here since i usually get faster and better answers here.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Drew I have the at&t variant. We have a dedicated note 2 forum here: Galaxy Note2 Forum

With that said: I am not sure about the vzw version but the att version i access the tethering in settings>more settings>tethering and hotspot and when I turn mobile hotspot on it takes me to a screen to create my password.

Ratdog

Reaction score
You can't turn on the hot-spot feature if you have WiFi on. Make sure WiFi is disabled first.

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Sorry to post so late, but i found a work around by downloading a wifi toggle from the play store. But again thanks everyone who replied.