Note 2 frozen at boot logo need help please

DroidX_46

Reaction score
My friend accidentally hit 'FORMAT' instead of 'FACTORY RESET' while in RECOVERY so I am trying to help him out. As soon as the phone is turned on it freezes at "SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II". What needs to be done to make phone functional again?
Thank you to those who offer help, I greatly appreciate it.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Custom recovery or regular? Can he boot back into recovery? Try booting to recovery and doing factory reset and wiping cache and everything you can and see what happens.

Sent from my Note 2 using the Droid Forums App

OP
DroidX_46

DroidX_46

Reaction score
I think he used TWRP, but I cant boot into recovery. I held POWER, VOLUME DOWN, & LEFT BUTTON but nothing happened.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Its volume up, power, and "home" button or Verizon button lol. If you can boot up into twrp then your straight you can do anything, try a backup, or just load up a new ROM I'm on Jedi ROM currently and its very nice. If not then refer him to the xda section for Verizon note 2, there is more advanced recovery techniques if he has to use one

OP
DroidX_46

DroidX_46

Reaction score
I am able to get into TWRP, however, there is no backup. I did factory reset & there is no ROM. Do you know if there is an SBF file available? Any recommendations of what I should do next?
Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it!

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Yeah with Samsung its not sbfs its something else. I actually don't remember what it is because I haven't had anything disastrous happen to me yet. I would first try to wipe everything and install a ROM, but I'm not sure if you can get it on the SD card from the recovery. I'd link you to XDA but I'm in my phone, there is stickied threads with what to do.

ufcfan72

Reaction score
Yeah with Samsung its not sbfs its something else. I actually don't remember what it is because I haven't had anything disastrous happen to me yet. I would first try to wipe everything and install a ROM, but I'm not sure if you can get it on the SD card from the recovery. I'd link you to XDA but I'm in my phone, there is stickied threads with what to do.

Odin or heimdall. I prefer heimdall personally.
For heimdall just Google glass enchilada. Just be sure to download the right package
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

OP
DroidX_46

DroidX_46

Reaction score
cool thanks
we got the phone fixed
I greatly appreciate all the help

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
We are happy to hear it.. Good stuff and support y'all..

Take Note2 BK's here..

mecrodrigues

Reaction score
Hi, there.
My very 1st post in droidforums.

After almost one year os use, with no problems at all, today my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 freezed during an ordinary charging procedure.
Now it does not boot anymore. It starts the boot and get stuck with "Samsung" written in the middle of the screen.
I tryed "home + side button + up volume button" and did the hard reset, followed by cache wiping. I did everything according to this video:
[video=youtube;vNfRb13i7vI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNfRb13i7vI[/video]

After all the procedure, the problem remains as if I had done nothing to correct it!
I did not change anything related to ROM or installed some "strange" app in the last few days.

Important: if I leave the device turned on (blocked, as said), after a while it gets unusually hot in the top.

Any help would be valuable.
Thanks in advance,
Marcio Rodrigues

Last edited:

newbroot83

Reaction score
Hi, there.
My very 1st post in droidforums.

After almost one year os use, with no problems at all, today my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 freezed during an ordinary charging procedure.
Now it does not boot anymore. It starts the boot and get stuck with "Samsung" written in the middle of the screen.
I tryed "home + side button + up volume button" and did the hard reset, followed by cache wiping. I did everything according to this video:
[video=youtube;vNfRb13i7vI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNfRb13i7vI[/video]

After all the procedure, the problem remains as if I had done nothing to correct it!
I did not change anything related to ROM or installed some "strange" app in the last few days.

Important: if I leave the device turned on (blocked, as said), after a while it gets unusually hot in the top.

Any help would be valuable.
Thanks in advance,
Marcio Rodrigues

Download odin and the proper odin file. Just google it and youll find it. Use odin to flash the os back to stock. Should fix the problem. Mine bootlooped a while back but a quick flash and I was back on my phone in about 20 minutes

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2