Not syncing my facebook contacts?

onecleancutlass

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my phone not syncing from facebook - the text messages are supposed to use the profile pic of that person on facebook, but my phone won't update the pics. I have several people I text with all the time and they have changed their profile pics on facebook multiple times yet my phone still shows their pic from two months ago.

Any idea what could be going on here? I even deleted the facebook app once and re-downloaded it and it got the updated pics from that point, but no updates since....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
This is a known issue, mentioned in many other threads. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but please use the search. To my knowledge, there is no solid fix (without loading another ROM) - It just happens to work.

I know I installed the FB application, once that started sending me notifications, I was able to sync my FB contacts through the built in FB account manager (in the settings -> accounts -> add account - choose the smaller of the 2 icons) since the OS blocks the FB app from syincing on its own.

If you can sync, there should be an option somewhere to se your contact picture source... I haven't looked, but that can be set to FB.