Questions about new update.

THISISWISCO

Reaction score
I was running android 2.2 and had my contacts sync with facebook. which was awesome. but one problem was it would never updated ppls profile pics. today i recieved the gb 2.3 update and i deleted my facebook and the app itself hoping to reinstall both and have my contacts update. well after doing so i wouldn't sync my contacts. i did some googling and found an app called contapps. its put all of the contacts in from facebook, which was find but didnt like how it was set up so i deleted it. heres some of the current problems.

with 2.3 how do u link to of the same contacts. such as someones facebook with there phone number in your contacts.

when texting how do you make the on screen keys stop vibrating, its really annoying.

and the buttons on the base of the phone like search,back,home, and the box one? (do those not virbrate anymore like on 2.2?) and how can u change the on screen home buttons like phone,contacts,text, and the thing that gets u to all of ur apps.

and last how do u get rid of the useless factory based apps? is the only way a root and can u do that on 2.3?

thanks i think im done with the stupid question but i hope someone can help.

yellah16

Reaction score
I want to revert back to the old version!! I hate the new one!!

OP
THISISWISCO

THISISWISCO

Reaction score
I figured out how to link contacts. And get ur facebook contacts.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

minetta78

Reaction score
Glad you figured out the contacts issue. I just typed out instructions & then saw you figured it out, so I won't bore you with them again.

I have been through 5 droids & am on my sixth one due to issues from the frozen yogurt update. I've gotten adept at setting them up.

The irritating keyboard vibration....hit the 4 square button, go to settings, scroll down to language & keyboard settings, multi-touch keyboard (if that's what you use, as opposed--I'm still not sure what that means), unpress "vibrate on keypress". I had this turned off but after this gingerbread man update or whatever it's called, that setting turned itself back on.

My buttons at the base don't vibrate anymore either. I guess Mr. Gingerbread took that away.

If you talking about the buttons on the very last row that just appeared after this update..... I just figured out that--you can only change the first 3....by pressing down & holding. Then a "add to dock" menu comes up. You choose the one you want & it will replace the button you pressed & held. I pressed the far right one...but it won't change.

As far as the buttons/widgets (not sure of "technical name") on your screens, you still press & hold them to delete from page, but now the trashcan is at the top, instead of the bottom.

I have NO idea about the useless factory based apps question. If you find an answer, let me know.

What has irritated me even more than the fact that the vibrating keyboard came back, after I'd purposely turned that off....is the fact that they/it/gingerbread man turned back on all the sounds (FB notifications, email, weather alert, etc) that I had previously turned to silent. I've had to go into each program, individually, to adjust all the sound settings to back the way they were before. :(

iguanad

Reaction score
See my answer to your other post about this.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk