Not Sure If All Related - Bluetooth Drop, Internet Connection Loss & Process Failure

rhindon

Reaction score
Hi all,

I looked for the process failure issue but it appears most people it has happened to have rooted their phones. Mine is stock.

Lately, Facebook is giving me a Connection Lost message A LOT. I am also finding my internet connection is not good/missing entirely at this time, despite still having the 4GLTE icon and all the bars up in the notifications bar.

In addition to that, I have noticed that my Bluetooth connection in the car is not staying on. If I reconnect, I will then get a process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly error. :angry:

I am not sure if all of these items are related. I'd rather not do a factory reset if I don't have to. Any other suggestions?

silverfang77

Reaction score
When it goes white, your 4G is hosed. Your options are switch to Airplane Mode for 30 seconds, then back to normal and hope that works, switch to 3G unless you're dead set on using 4G or reboot.

Can't help with the Bluetooth problem. Sorry.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

OP
rhindon

rhindon

Reaction score
When it goes white, your 4G is hosed. Your options are switch to Airplane Mode for 30 seconds, then back to normal and hope that works, switch to 3G unless you're dead set on using 4G or reboot.

Can't help with the Bluetooth problem. Sorry.

Great, because this is happening all day most every day. :frown:

silverfang77

Reaction score
Rebooting usually gets my 4G connection back to normal for a few hours.

OP
rhindon

rhindon

Reaction score
Ok, I'll see if that works. My main reason for upgrading to the Droid 4 was the 4G LTE.

Thanks for your help on the internet connection piece.

silverfang77

Reaction score
You're welcome. I've been plagued by the white out (as I call it) since I got this phone and generally just leave it on 3G now. Many other 4G users have this problem as well. VW needs to either upgrade their network or issue a patch to deal with this problem.

OP
rhindon

rhindon

Reaction score
I agree. Rebooted the phone and it's already gone white and back to blue in the short amount of time I've been typing this sentence. Probably explains my slow internet at other times too.

silverfang77

Reaction score
If it's happening right away after a reboot, you either have a bad phone or are in a bad area signal wise.