not so smooth web browser?

ethanw

Reaction score
well, I currently own an :iphone:. Why am I here? Because I've had it for a week, and I'd like to change that. I'm quite interested in the Thunderbolt for all the reasons we already know. BUT. I was at a Verizon store the other day to check the Thunderbolt out, and I was disappointed with the web browsing. That is probably the feature I was looking forward to kicking ass the most. It loaded pretty fast, for sure (I'm am in a 4G area), but the navigation around the sites was , well, bad. The pinch to zoom was a bit choppy, scrolling up and down a page seemed to be all or nothing: I could move it a bit, or fly up the page, but not smoothly, it chopped it's way to the top in skips and jumps. I truly expected it to outclass the iPhone, and it just didn't.

Now, BEFORE you label me a troll, I'll tell you this. The reason I'm on this forum is because I want the Thunderbolt. Or at least I should say I want to want it. But I don't like what I experienced, and I was wondering if users here can report the same. One thought I had was that hey, it's a store demo, and who knows what update it has, or whether the cache was maxed out, or whatever. I didn't really have time to try to figure it out, so I'm asking you. The end users. What could be going on? Am I that picky, or could I have run into a bad Thunderbolt on display that's been used and abused for the last couple months? If this has been a problem for the tBolt, is it now fixed, is there a rumored fix? Thanks in advance. This time tomorrow I'd love to be on this forum asking questions about optimizing my new Thunderbolt (trading the iPhone in within my exchange window). But it won't happen if the browser isn't butter smooth, or close. I'm going to try a different Verizon store tomorrow as well.

kparks

Reaction score
well, I currently own an :iphone:. Why am I here? Because I've had it for a week, and I'd like to change that. I'm quite interested in the Thunderbolt for all the reasons we already know. BUT. I was at a Verizon store the other day to check the Thunderbolt out, and I was disappointed with the web browsing. That is probably the feature I was looking forward to kicking ass the most. It loaded pretty fast, for sure (I'm am in a 4G area), but the navigation around the sites was , well, bad. The pinch to zoom was a bit choppy, scrolling up and down a page seemed to be all or nothing: I could move it a bit, or fly up the page, but not smoothly, it chopped it's way to the top in skips and jumps. I truly expected it to outclass the iPhone, and it just didn't.

Now, BEFORE you label me a troll, I'll tell you this. The reason I'm on this forum is because I want the Thunderbolt. Or at least I should say I want to want it. But I don't like what I experienced, and I was wondering if users here can report the same. One thought I had was that hey, it's a store demo, and who knows what update it has, or whether the cache was maxed out, or whatever. I didn't really have time to try to figure it out, so I'm asking you. The end users. What could be going on? Am I that picky, or could I have run into a bad Thunderbolt on display that's been used and abused for the last couple months? If this has been a problem for the tBolt, is it now fixed, is there a rumored fix? Thanks in advance. This time tomorrow I'd love to be on this forum asking questions about optimizing my new Thunderbolt (trading the iPhone in within my exchange window). But it won't happen if the browser isn't butter smooth, or close. I'm going to try a different Verizon store tomorrow as well.

Lol do a factory reset on it 1st hahaha... I'm not having no web problems at all and havnt seen anyone complain about any.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Setting plug-ins (flash player) to on demand greatly helps the smoothness of web browsing.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Shutting flash off reduces the choppiness. You gotta remember iphone doesn't load flash.
The iphone is smoother I think with web browsing but the thunderbolt is faster and the checker board doesn't happen as much on it. I also like how on thunderbolt if u flick a page it keeps going. The iphone is a lot more realistic, but thunderbolt is more practical I think.

If your phone is over clocked though when you hack I gotta admit it's a lot smoother than a stock thunderbolt.

OP
E

ethanw

Reaction score
Thanks folks, I bought the Thunderbolt!! Love it, except for the the size/weight with the extended battery. I really hope I get used to it. I'll be around other threads asking questions now . . . dancedroid