Not Rooted?

tuffD1

Reaction score
While checking the status on the Super User, everything starts to check off as okay. Then on the last command, "Gaining root access".... FAIL.
I am still running GB, not ICS. The SU app is present, and when I try to update to ICS, it downloads, but fails to install.
Is my device not rooted properly? Any solutions would be gladly accepted. Thank you in advance.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Download rootchecker from the play store. It'll tell you.

Also when trying to do the update if you have removed or altered any system apps or bloat you need to restore them before you update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
I don't recall removing anything, no mods either. I just rooted (properly I hope) before all the roms came out and the ICS update, and left alone for too long. Also root checker says it is not rooted.
The reason I left it alone was because I did not want to damage it at work, so I reverted to the trusty D1 for primary use. Now my job is a little more relaxed and I want to use the D4.

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
woops. sorry about that double post.

heres whats going on...
is the RSD supposed to recognize my droid 4?
1. i click "..." 2. download folder opens up. 3. the folders appear to have a zipper on them.
4. i click on the folder, error pops up with "get decompress file size error". 5. click "ok", SDL pops up with "unzip fail".

whats going on here?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Is it a SBF file for the D4 or a fastboot file? If its the first unzip the SBF file using 7zip before opening it with rsd.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
In RSD, the first slot, it says Fastboot. Would this be correct? Also the icons of the folders have a zipper over them.

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
And thanks for responding GoCliffGo. I really appreciate it.

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
RSD in the "Device Properties" box, all the options(ESN, Technology, Software/Flex/Bootloader/DRM Versions), say N/A
Model - Fastboo...
Port No. and Type - 1, USB
IMEI/ESN/MEID - N/A
Status - Connected...

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
Well... of all the crazy things. Just completed a standard system update (which I have tried a couple times before), and I now have ICS 4.0.4
CRAZY! Maybe I got a late push... LOLz
Thanks again for helping.