Not liking 2.3/Gingerbread, downgrade possible?

TheHat

Reaction score
Device: Motorola Atrix 4G

Okay I don't like Gingerbread mainly because the swype keeps freaking out and I have to clear the application data before it will recognize normal words again. Not sure what's up with that.

I did upgrade over the air through the ATT notification that I could. I had previously been using the out of the box Froyo which I rooted with aRoot and left it at that. I've only had the phone two weeks and wanted root access to delete/modify the tether APN so I haven't touched anything else prior to the Gingerbread push coming out.

I upgraded to GB without unrooting or changing anything. Swype acted weird so I cleared the internal SD and then reset to factory GB using the hard reset function.

Swype appeared to work, then randomly freaked out again while in the middle of using it.

I'd like to downgrade back to Froyo. I've tried to skim the internet and forums for information on this. Most answers are full of lingo I don't understand and in fear of bricking my phone and having to be without one while my service coverage replaces it...I figured I'd ask for a very simple answer.

Can Gingerbread be downgraded back to Froyo if the installation was done via the automatic upgrade function that ATT sent me. I literally got the notification and upgraded right from there over wifi.

I read a lot of people are having problems using SBF. Hard brick without pudding and semi brick with pudding down to something before 1.83. I don't know much about SBF, I don't know what pudding is, and I don't know what version they're referring to lol. I'm not doing anything to my phone until I can get more information but I would like to reset it back to what it was when I pulled it out of the box.

Thanks!