Not just Note 7 issue!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
This goes to show those iPhone users and Apple in general that ANY phone can explode and catch fire. My daughters boyfriend left his iPhone 6S on theor desk last nite, in their room. It wasnt on charge, he just left it alone. Then the unthinkable happened, the iPhone fried! T-Mobile was going to charge him $150 to replace it. Apple Store saw it, was in total shock and replaced his phone. Im just glad my house didnt burn & no one got hurt.
f4cc72328df698ff50a1a552a4c6374c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Glad to hear no one got hurt. And sounds like Apple treated him right.

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Yes they did. Regardless, im still a true ANDROID user hahahaha

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Glad everyone is ok and Apple did the right thing.... Also, I don't think anyone every said that any certain phone was immune to spontaneously catching fire... I'm not expert but I'm sure there are a bunch of random things that can happen to make any phone catch fire or explode...

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
....... Also, I don't think anyone every said that any certain phone was immune to spontaneously catching fire... I'm not expert but I'm sure there are a bunch of random things that can happen to make any phone catch fire or explode...

I don't know about THAT ..., I mean the only phone that I know of (according to the news) that this can happen to is a Samsung!...

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Not all phone fires or explosions get as much coverage as the Note 7 got. The Note 7 got so much coverage because Samsung issued the recalls in a panicked fashion.

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Either way, Samsung got the boot. But seeing this last nite was shocking yet funny because the Note 7 got so much bad publicity. Anyway...happy holidays to all

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I miss my Note7 already, and I haven't even given it up yet.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either way, Samsung got the boot. But seeing this last nite was shocking yet funny because the Note 7 got so much bad publicity. Anyway...happy holidays to all

Samsung makes many of the parts for Apple products. Perhaps batteries have been added to that list?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Hmm i wonder. What was told to us, was that its been nearly 5 yrs since it last happened. Im guessing its good news for Apple? But of course it can happen to any phone right. Im up for a new phone and was so looking fwd to the Note 7. Now i have to wait even longer for the next one. I was thinking about jumping ship to go to an iPhone, but this incident made it clear I shouldnt. I been an Android lover, dont wanna come out of my comfort zone lol

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Biggest reason to sick with Android is investment in ecosystem. You will have to repurchase so much when you switch. But it isn't the only reason by any means. There ours no variety in Apple. None. Hardware doesn't vary, software doesn't vary, experience doesn't vary. But within it's limited scope, it does what it does quite well.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I feel your pain. My first one got recalled during delivery like a mile from my house. Took almost a month to get replacement. I was lit. I'd already given my Note 4 away, so I had to buy another phone to get me through. I have an S7Edge collecting dust until I make up my mind to let Note7 go.