Not happy with Froyo on Doid X

jacksradio

Reaction score
Just got a droid X last night and while I am happy with the phone itself, I am having some frustrations and I hope some answers can be found from you guys.

First, under the build number it says VZW instead of FRG22D...what does this mean? Is this a special verizon edition? When I got the phone it had 2.1 and then the OTA was pushed to it after I activated the phone. Why is Froyo for the droid X so different than Froyo that is on my original droid?

One example is the clock...no more nice display when docked with the dimmer and green night mode...miss that and wish I could get it back.

the contact list is abhorrent now...No more choice to sync only facebook contacts that are phone contacts...it seems it is all or nothing...suppose that is the Blur...dont like that much either..

the lock screen...you have to swipe then enter a pattern code or a PIN number...I can see doing one or the other but not both??

I guess my question is this...is there some way to get the version of Froyo that is on my droid 1 on my droid x? I liked it much better?