Not capitalizing the "i" when texting

renholder

Reaction score
Ugh. I'm having this issue now, too. My Droid 4's microphone issue caused me to do a factory reset as a last resort before returning the phone. Before I reset, my keyboard settings were exactly how I wanted them --- it didn't autocorrect anything besides i'm/i'd/i. Now after resetting, it seems like it's impossible for the phone to do that? What happened?? Also, before I reset, words weren't underlined as I was writing them, and autocorrecting the i's didn't highlight them in green... what on earth happened?

renholder

Reaction score
I found a fix for this. Set your input method to Swype. Under the physical keyboard options, set autocorrect to on. This will fix things like capitalizing the i, adding apostrophes in words like don't or I'm, but won't correct much else. For instance "Voer" doesn't correct to "Over."

hbach83

Reaction score
I found a fix for this. Set your input method to Swype. Under the physical keyboard options, set autocorrect to on. This will fix things like capitalizing the i, adding apostrophes in words like don't or I'm, but won't correct much else. For instance "Voer" doesn't correct to "Over."

Didn't work for me.

Joe_Cox11

Reaction score
Capitalizing the "i" fix

Go to settings... then language & input...... if your using swipe then click the gear looking thing to the right...... go to preferences.. scroll down until you see "Word Suggestion" and click it.....when the next screen pops up make sure that word suggestion is checked and also auto-correction.... I did this and when I was typing just the "i" after I hit the space bar it automatically put the "i" in caps!! I hope this is helpful!!

hbach83

Reaction score
Go to settings... then language & input...... if your using swipe then click the gear looking thing to the right...... go to preferences.. scroll down until you see "Word Suggestion" and click it.....when the next screen pops up make sure that word suggestion is checked and also auto-correction.... I did this and when I was typing just the "i" after I hit the space bar it automatically put the "i" in caps!! I hope this is helpful!!

Worked!! Thank you :)

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Finally got tired enough of the "I" not capitalizing automatically to do a search. Now it works perfectly.

Virtually anything you need can be found in the forum if you do a search. Thanks.