Not as Smooth after JB Update

Scott1974

Reaction score
I received the Jelly Bean update last night and installed it this morning. Loving the Google Now feature but I've noticed that there is now a bit of lag on the phone while swiping from one screen to another or when coming out of an app back to the home screen. Example: I sent a text and once sent, hit the home button. It took longer than normal with a bit of a hang-up to go back to the homescreen and then noticed that the homescreen was blank for a second or two? The only thing I have running on my home screen is the Circle Widget.

Is there anything that I can do to get the phone back up to the speed that it was prior to the update? I've only had the phone about 10 days and have been loving it, but upgraded to this phone to get rid of the lag that I had on my original Galaxy. Note: My phone is 100% stock and I did turn it off and back on hoping that would correct the problem.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Did you clear your cache? If not, I'd suggest trying to clear your cache.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Power phone down. After completely powered down, hold down the UP and DOWN volume buttons while also pressing the power button. This will eventually bring up a menu. When the menu appears, use the volume down button to scroll to the "recovery" option - press the volume up button to select this option. After you see an Andy Android with an open belly, hold down both the UP and DOWN volume buttons again. Utilizing the same buttons, scroll to the option that says "wipe cache partition" - press the power button to wipe cache. After the process has run, navigate to the "reboot system now" icon, pressing the power button to reboot your device. All done!

helron

Reaction score
Unable to access Recovery Menu/Wipe partition in Recovery

• I did followed these instructions on my official OTA JB Razr, but the Belly-Up Android Man is dead on my screen and wont wake up!
"Power phone down. After completely powered down, hold down the UP and DOWN volume buttons while also pressing the power button. This will eventually bring up a menu. When the menu appears, use the volume down button to scroll to the "recovery" option - press the volume up button to select this option. After you see an Andy Android with an open belly, hold down both the UP and DOWN volume buttons again. Utilizing the same buttons, scroll to the option that says "wipe cache partition" - press the power button to wipe cache. After the process has run, navigate to the "reboot system now" icon, pressing the power button to reboot your device. All done!

• Pressing the volume up and down (together) will not get me to next menu. I only continue seeing a Hazard symbol with and Exclamation point rising from his stomach. LOL. Evidently, I can't get to WIPE Partiton option. Thanks.

LBL

Reaction score
Same problem. No ability to select anything after getting the screen with the horizontal droid with open belly and hazard symbol (red triangle with exclamation point). Please advise how to proceed with clearing the system cache. (Droid Razr HD Maxx on JB)

helron

Reaction score
Just give the Android man time to wake up it takes a while. That's what I did and then everything went smoothly

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

newmanx4

Reaction score
At Andy the Android, hold volume down and tap volume up one time.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I did this on mine and it does take a few tries to get it to work.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I received the Jelly Bean update last night and installed it this morning. Loving the Google Now feature but I've noticed that there is now a bit of lag on the phone while swiping from one screen to another or when coming out of an app back to the home screen. Example: I sent a text and once sent, hit the home button. It took longer than normal with a bit of a hang-up to go back to the homescreen and then noticed that the homescreen was blank for a second or two? The only thing I have running on my home screen is the Circle Widget.

Is there anything that I can do to get the phone back up to the speed that it was prior to the update? I've only had the phone about 10 days and have been loving it, but upgraded to this phone to get rid of the lag that I had on my original Galaxy. Note: My phone is 100% stock and I did turn it off and back on hoping that would correct the problem.

I have cleaned the cache too, took off dumb apps, etc... fact is, the phone is laggy when it wants to be, I have had a few posts in regards to this.

The fact that it only has 1GB of RAM is most likely the culprit, plus the OS is not as stable as say, Apples iOS.

I like my phone, but not in love with it like I first was.

A lot of people will suggest doing certain things... My suggestion... get used to it and dont look for a way around it, just accept it, I know, I wish I was given this answer instead of wasting time rebooting, cleaning the cache, uninstalling, re-installing, etc., just save yourself the headache and just go with it.

Reaction score
it was the update, thats why we should recieve 4.2.2 soon , they plan to use the update not only to help the phone be butter smooth but give the full JB experience

connexus

Reaction score
Finally, a solution that works! Thanks so much. I have been stuck at Andy way too many times.
At Andy the Android, hold volume down and tap volume up one time.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2