Need help... having issues ever since jellybean update.

Scoreycorey515

Reaction score
OK guys I need some help, I don't know if there is a fix for this or not.
I noticed that I didn't have these issues until jelly bean went live.
So to name the issues I'm having off the top of my head they are:

Sometimes, after I put my unlock code in and I try to like access anything even the phone
The screen goes blank then after about 5-10 seconds the main screen comes back then it goes
Blank again and the cycle just continues until I reboot the phone.

Then, one day, I was getting a phone call, and I tried to accept the
call by sliding to the right and it like froze there for a second then just keep ringing.
Then tried to call him back and my screen went blank.
I've only had this phone since October of 12 and it was running like a champ till jelly bean.
I've also noticed that after I unlock my phone it tends to lag horribly.

OP
S

Scoreycorey515

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a factory reset and you should be fine.

Good luck.

What will I lose y doing a factory reset? Any way to backup the stuff I want to keep if I need to? I would really like to keep my text messages, pics and contacts any way to do that?

KaChow

Reaction score
What will I lose y doing a factory reset? Any way to backup the stuff I want to keep if I need to? I would really like to keep my text messages, pics and contacts any way to do that?

With a factory reset your device will return to stock all of your personal settings will no longer exist. Here are two apps that I recommend SMS Backup & Restore and Call Logs Backup & Restore. Click and install both apps and backup your text and call histories. In terms of contacts you should be fine, your GMail account does a good enough job backing up all of your contacts, would suggest checking your contacts from a computer to ensure that all contacts are there. Last, with your photos they are automatically stored to your sd which if you look into your Internal memory look for DCIM>Camera> should see all of your photos there.

OP
S

Scoreycorey515

Reaction score
If I do a factory restore won't I lose the SMS backup app and all the info I back backed up?

KaChow

Reaction score
If I do a factory restore won't I lose the SMS backup app and all the info I back backed up?

Your apps are essentially backed up with your Google account, which I would suggest checking the Play Store from the computer and reviewing all of your apps.. In terms of your SMS backup app, the app is easy to find (make sure you do a backup before factory restore), once restored and you begin to reset and adjust all your personal setting enter SMS backup app and restore your backed up messages should be on the external setting, if not there it will be located on the internal memory.

PowrDroid

Reaction score
Last, with your photos they are automatically stored to your sd which if you look into your Internal memory look for DCIM>Camera> should see all of your photos there.

I'm not so sure about this. You have to tell your phone in the camera settings to store photos on SD card. If photos are not stored on a removable memory card they will be erased, correct?

KaChow

Reaction score
I'm not so sure about this. You have to tell your phone in the camera settings to store photos on SD card. If photos are not stored on a removable memory card they will be erased, correct?

Thanks for catching my oversight, you do need to verify where photos are stored. Simply select the Camera App> Settings> Storage Location and pick SD card to keep your images taken going forward safely stored on the SD card. To be safe check both the Internal and External storages DCIM> Camera and make backups.

Flyfisher69

Reaction score
I did the suggested fix but it's still not docking to my computer. I even rebooted the computer but no luck.

Any thoughts or suggestions to fix this problem?

jmcgregor86

Reaction score
What kind of issues are you having? Did you root? And did you have any apps disabled before updating?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Flyfisher69

Reaction score
What kind of issues are you having? Did you root? And did you have any apps disabled before updating?

I removed the Google Music app as was suggested. When I dock, the computer briefly recognizes the connection (several sounds and dialogue boxes show) but it's almost immediately disconnected... :sad:

I really need/want to dock soon to update, etc... any suggestions ?

jmcgregor86

Reaction score
I'm going to get back to you in a bit. But don't do any resets without enabling any apps you disabled. Mostly as a precautionary measure.