Not a new member, but coming back to Droid phones from ...a certain fruit

GreenAcid

Reaction score
So yeah. I'm not new to this site at all

but I'm coming back from ...a certain fruit product, that will go unmentioned, and I was wondering what's the best Droid phone on Verizon currently (And I know, Bionic comes out tomorrow 9.8.11)

I'm gonna be returning an item to best buy, and figured I want to use some of the money to buy a droid phone, Granted I'm going to be buying it out right, since I used my upgrade this year....So since I'm gonna be laying down FULL price, which phone should I get?

Bionic
Incredible 2
Droid X 2
Droid 3
Samsung Charge

Please help me out. Last droid phone I owned was Samsung Galaxy for Verizon then switched to Incredible a week later, then went Apple....so I'm not hype on all of the new specs for phones, or LTE...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you don't care for LTE, the incredible 2 has been rumored to be called the "Next OG Droid" because of rooting and ROMs. Also the Droid 3 with its 5 row physical keyboard is top notch.

The Bionic will be a great machine. The Charge is right up there, however I've heard my share of complaints about the X2.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I'm looking for LTE. My area already has it, and It'd be nice to be up to date since This phone will last me a good While.....I'm guessing Bionic is in my near future or Samsung Charge....I'm not surprised about the X2. I had the Original X and it was not as fast as it was meant to be. The screen size was amazing but as far as speed went, Droid 1 owned it lol. and that was NOT Rooted...

jl3366

Reaction score
Absolutely love my d3. The only thing I dislike is the lack of dedicated camera button and the camera itself is a little laggy. Other than that its incredibly fast (gotta love the dual core) has a nice big bright screen and the physical keyboard is top notch.
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for LTE. My area already has it, and It'd be nice to be up to date since This phone will last me a good While.....I'm guessing Bionic is in my near future or Samsung Charge....I'm not surprised about the X2. I had the Original X and it was not as fast as it was meant to be. The screen size was amazing but as far as speed went, Droid 1 owned it lol. and that was NOT Rooted...

Spec wise......Bionic....from past speed scores(if that's what you want...Gs2.....If it doesn't matter...and you want a phone to last that has already done great in the mainstream...get the Charge....I would say Bionic, but normally would like to see it in action for a couple of months....I use and have access to all but the bionic, and Sgs2. But will have then by next month..hope anyway...so that's why I would take it..You'll be paying for it...lol Good luck on whichever you choose...

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I'm probably going to get the Bionic. If Best Buy has any by the time I get there on Friday. If they don't, Probably the Charge....

I Will keep this posted. Believe me hehe. I've been looking at Bionic stuff for the last 3 hours.

thegadgeteur

Reaction score
I happen to have had the pleasure of using all of the devices listed (currently have Droid Bionic in my possession).

If you want the best display: Droid Charge -- it isn't the highest resolution but Motorola's qHD displays look kind of washed out an d lifeless compared to Sammy's AMOLEDs.

If you want speed on the cheap: Droid X2 -- lacks LTE. Since you mentioned LTE as being a nice perk, I'd assume you'd want to stay away from this and the Incredible...

The Incredible is a good phone. A bit long in the tooth hardware wise, but we I liked most about it was the great feel in hand. I have smallish hands. Combined with the rounded design of the phone's case I found it much nicer to hold and use than most of the edgier, blockier Droid phones.

If a keyboard is a requirement -- pretty simple, the Droid X3 is the only device with a keyboard. And it's actually quite good I might add. It also has a larger 4" screen, up from previous first and second generations which only had a 3.7" screen.

If you want the best of everything (save for display, which admittingly is still quite good) get the Droid Bionic. I'll be posting my review in a couple hours today at Gadgetsteria.com so feel free to check it out. In short: it's basically a Droid X2 with an upgraded processor and LTE. Spec wise it's the best Verizon currently has. And since you're spending the full amount on the phone, might as well buy the best if you can afford it.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's also the Samsung Stratosphere that should be coming out soon. It's basically and Epic for Verizon. The first 4G slider for Verizon.

thegadgeteur

Reaction score
There's also the Samsung Stratosphere that should be coming out soon. It's basically and Epic for Verizon. The first 4G slider for Verizon.

I haven't gotten this one in yet but it's more of a mid-range phone than a high-end device like the devices above.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Thanks all.

I'm probably going to get the Bionic, if Best Buy has any in stock on Friday. :)