New member & new Droid from NY

KenB

Reaction score
Hello forum members!

A couple days ago I renewed my Verizon agreement and picked up a new Droid in the process. I had been using an Env Touch, but started a new job recently and had a need for a phone that could hook up to an Exchange server for email and calendar. Droid to the rescue!

I'm a motorcycle enthusiast and am involved in many bike forums to read about bikes, gear, riding technique, and meet other riders in my community. So, now that I need to learn about the Droid, read about best-of-class apps, browse some FAQs, and buy some accessories, I Google'd Droid forums and here I am!

I live outside Rochester New York, married for 20 years, and have three kids. I love to ride and own two motorcycles. I work for a software company that makes custom Rich Internet Applications (RIA's) using Flex and Silverlight.

So, thanks for having me! I'm off to do some reading about apps, home screen setups, and then heading over to the Droid store to buy some accessories!

Ken

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I know there are some threads here where folks were looking for a good car mount for a bike. Plenty of good info and help here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I mean can anybody really picture a biker with an iPhone? Something about that picture doesn't sit well. But a biker and a Droid? Perfect.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I hope you enjoy the phone and the forum. There are lost of fun people that read and post here. Be careful though, this may cause you to park your bike.

Mike