Normal/average battery life?

metroplex

Reaction score
What's the average or normal battery life for the stock battery on the Droid2?
The only smartphone I have to use as a baseline is my issued BlackBerry 8820, which will last 1 week on a single charge with low usage (email and that's it).

So far, I've gotten only about 2-3 days max out of my Droid2, but today (within a week of getting the phone) is the first day I ran it down to the point the phone turned off by itself. I charged it to 100% within 1-2 hours and am now running it again.

Can I get 1 week on a single charge?

lockdownx1x

Reaction score
The only smartphone I have to use as a baseline is my issued BlackBerry 8820, which will last 1 week on a single charge with low usage (email and that's it).

So far, I've gotten only about 2-3 days max out of my Droid2, but today (within a week of getting the phone) is the first day I ran it down to the point the phone turned off by itself. I charged it to 100% within 1-2 hours and am now running it again.

If you don't touch it, then maybe.

gan1hck

Reaction score

I'm getting about the same as you.

highlander90

Reaction score
i have to charge mine at least 3 times a day and i just got it last friday. I hardly use it too, i just text

Jeebz88

Reaction score
Mine tends to make it through a full day with a little to spare, so I charge it every night. I am a fairly heavy user though (lots of browsing, app use, texting, email, MP3, pandora, and customizing), so I don't expect more than that.

wlrottge

Reaction score
Charged nightly here.

Usually off charge 7AM to midnight. Depending on usage I have 30% left.

I use SetCPU to set idle at 300 mhz. I'm not sure if it's needed but it seemed to help quite a bit. First couple of days it didn't make it nearly as long as it does now. I may turn it off for a day or two and see what it does.