Noob rooter... ROM Manager ?

amajamar

Reaction score
I just rooted yesterday and I don't want to screw anything up. If I install the Clockwork recovery, does it remove the SBRecovery? I don't really know how this stuff works...

Thanks.

drpurp

Reaction score
Yes it does. You do have an option in ROM Manager to flash back SPRecovery.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yes it does but that is not a problem as clockwork MoD it is a custom recovery works great & also offers great Choices for better Rom Choices I have it works great

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
Are there any good links that give have a tuturial on using it? I don't want to have any issues at this point...

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
here ya go man...

[video=youtube;r9IPHxrimPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9IPHxrimPY]YouTube - ‪Motorola Droid - Easy installation of Custom Roms, Rom Manager!‬‎[/video]

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My personal opinion stay with SPRecovery and install any updates with that process. Rom Manager and ClockWork seem to cause more problems than SPR.

I installed RM/CW so I could help others but I keep SPR flashed. If if had it do to again I would not install RM/CW.
Just my opinion.

Mike

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
My personal opinion stay with SPRecovery and install any updates with that process. Rom Manager and ClockWork seem to cause more problems than SPR.

I installed RM/CW so I could help others but I keep SPR flashed. If if had it do to again I would not install RM/CW.
Just my opinion.

Mike

So, how do you install RM/CW and keep SPR flashed at the same time? RM/CW doesn't seem to do anything unless it is flashed.

As far as installing custom ROMs, I can just download the update files and install with SPR? Are there any ROMs that can only be installed with RM/CW?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just my opinion.

Mike

So, how do you install RM/CW and keep SPR flashed at the same time? RM/CW doesn't seem to do anything unless it is flashed.

Open Rom Manager and scroll to the bottom and tap Flash alternative recovery. This will flash SPRecovery and negate Clockwork.

As far as installing custom ROMs, I can just download the update files and install with SPR?

Yes. Just use the update.zip file.

Are there any ROMs that can only be installed with RM/CW?

I do not believe so. Typically, the developers provide a update.zip file and then port the file to RM.

Mike

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
I'll probably give it a whirl. As long as I can get back to SPRecovery. If something does go horribly wrong, can I reflash SPRecovery with RSD?