Noob rooted wants some input..

lotaco87

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, I just rooted my very first droid ever owned. Pretty bad ass so far! My phone is a Samsung Showcase SCH-I500 (C Spire or Cellular South) version of the fascinate. Everything worked out 100% hassle free with no problems..... Big thanks to RyanZA himself for helping me out. Anyways, I'm still researching all of the info. that I can about things dealing with rooting and all of the technical language. My main question is, does anyone know why the Black Market App is not working for me? Or is there another app that will allow me to get some of the apps like that one? Also, I had problems with ROM Manager not showing CyanogenMod on the screen as a choice to pick from. Anyone have any ideas on some cool apps for me to download to make my droid better than just a rooted/ still kinda plain phone? Any help much appreciated!!! Thanks, Kyle

Ryanb420

Reaction score
good to no that everything worked well for you.Have you flashed any Roms or themes yet?
some of the root or root only apps i have are adfree,titanium backup (is a must have for root user),superuser (must have),superDim,wireless tether.
There are alot of apps on the market for rooted phones.

OP
L

lotaco87

Reaction score
I have not flashed any ROMS or themes yet, still trying to figure that out.... I have used ROM manager and used flash clockworkmod recovery and when i but into recovery i keep getting this message:
Install from package
Finding update package
Opening update package
Verifying update package
E:failed to verify whole-life signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I have all files in the places that they are supposed to be in before doing this step. Also, the version of ROM manager I am using is v4.7.0.5 and CWM version v3.0.0.8
My phone is a Samsung Showcase (Fascinate) with 2.1 Eclair rooted with z4root. As far as I know everything is done correctly, as I followed a rooting guide for my phone off of xda-developers.com.................... Any tips/hints/device greatly appreciated!!!

Ryanb420

Reaction score
Don't use rom manager it is not compatible with the fascinate just to let you no.but other than that your good to go just read the instructions on how to flash different roms,themes,ect..its all easy once you figure everything out and there are endless ways you can do to customize the fascinate good luck and keep asking questions everyone here to help.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
L

lotaco87

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Ryan, any suggestions on a app to flash the rom?