noob question

Dunn23

Reaction score
So I see that there is now a sexy blue glass theme for saphire, however it would appear that the themer went with the droid font. I love blue glass, but really don't like the font. Is there an easy way to change the font (like the kangerade script)?

Se7enLC

Reaction score
So I see that there is now a sexy blue glass theme for saphire, however it would appear that the themer went with the droid font. I love blue glass, but really don't like the font. Is there an easy way to change the font (like the kangerade script)?

I don't think there's a script to make the change, but I suspect that you could manually make it.

If you download the stock update zip file, you'll find Clockopia.ttf, DroidSans-Bold.ttf and DroidSans.ttf in the /system/fonts directory. You should be able to drop those files on your droid in the same directory, either using adb push or using a Terminal Emulator.

Alternatively, you could take the stock update.zip file and remove the /system/app and /system/framework directories from it (leaving just /system/fonts). The resulting update.zip should apply and only change the fonts, leaving everything else the same.

EDIT: I did the second method and posted my resulting zip files here. These update.zip formatted files will switch the fonts from stock to smoked glass and back again without touching anything else.

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think there's a download available of this theme with stock font on the sapphire wiki

wingdo

Reaction score
Just make sure you first re-install the stock theme.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dunn23

Reaction score
Thanks! You guys are awesome! Droid Forum ftw yet again!