On the brink of rooting.

krazyskott

Reaction score
I really want to root and install Bugless beast on my droid but want to do it right and set enough time to do it patiantly. So how long does it take for the whole process of rooting and installing? All I really want is to have N1 features on my droid. Is bugless beast the way to go? Oh one more question. Who's instructions are the easiest to follow for a noob and is there any you tube videos you recommend.

I really like how everyone helps eachother out here and I have yet to here of anyone bricking there phone using some of the processes you guys have posted.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Easiest instructions:
Root Your Droid

BB .7.5 is probably your best bet, IMHO. As to the 2.1/nexus features we are still waiting for a few of them because they are, at best, problematic on a 2.0.1 ROM... this should change once the official 2.1 OTA is out... but then it's also the reason that Moto is rumored to have removed some of the features (like Live wallpaper).

OP
krazyskott

krazyskott

Reaction score
thnx

Thanks . That's the direction I'm leaning too. Any info on how long it takes the avg noob?

M

Matth3w

Just for the record there is a step by step guide in my signature as well. But Pete just released a 2.1 ROM so I'm looking into that as well.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks . That's the direction I'm leaning too. Any info on how long it takes the avg noob?

From start to finish (i.e. flashing the ROM) probably an hour or so... maybe less, maybe more... depends on how cautious you are and how many times you like to read things through. Also if you type the commands or c/p. Just make sure you have a FULL (100%) battery before you start. For some reason on even moderately charged batteries the phone will stick at the boot-loader for no apparent reason...