None or switching data connection & duplicate texts. ROM fix?

MadeForJesus

Reaction score
My TB has been switching from 1x to 3g to 4g in places where I have always had constant 4g coverage. Even when I have all bars full for signal. I also am receiving duplicate texts and not even getting some. I am rooted and want to know if there is a Rom or Roms that fixes the problems. If so, I humbly ask that someone list them and if one is better than the other. I would like to keep the same GUI, I believe its "sense". Thanks ahead of time!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
I don't know about the texts, but I don't think your signal shows data signal. For example, you can have full bars but very weak 4G or 3g and thus it will switch to the one with signal.

OP
M

MadeForJesus

Reaction score
I don't know about the texts, but I don't think your signal shows data signal. For example, you can have full bars but very weak 4G or 3g and thus it will switch to the one with signal.

Ok, I can understand that, however I really got used to noticing my data signal and was testing it all the time when 4G first got turned on here. There was 4G everywhere in my city. It's a metro city. At my house for sure i know it was consistant. I might be wrong, but it seems after an update about 2 months ago from Verizon this started. I know where the towers are in route to different places I go all the time and I have to be right next to a tower to get 4G. It did not used to be that way! i am on my first replacement, so In doubt it is the phone. Thanks for any light shed on this situation.

eldub

Reaction score
I have had the exact same problem as have others since the last update. I'm stock. I have factory reset and changed Sim card. hoping next update fixes it. Good luck.

eldub

Reaction score
Call Verizon and HTC and harass them till their ears bleed. If enough of us do it maybe they will fix their f¤^ck up of a phone.