Non-stop green flashing light.

Tony01

Reaction score
The green notification light in the upper left hand corner of my Droid Razr Maxx is flashing all the time. It use to just flash as a notification for a text message, but now it will never go out. I have no unread texts, no e-mails or anything thing else that would require it to notify me. The light isn't any other color but green. I really want to be notified of a message but now I have no way of knowing if there is actually a notification or if its just blinking for no reason. Anybody else have this?

steelman52

Reaction score
You might try a soft reset to try to clear whatever is causing this. Hold down "volume down" and "power" at the same time until the phone shuts off (about 8 seconds). It will then boot back up automatically. Hopefully this will help.

OP
T

Tony01

Reaction score
Soft reset.

Yea, I've done that several times, turned off notifications and tried what I thought was everything. Still no luck. Thanks for the reply though.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
The green notification light in the upper left hand corner of my Droid Razr Maxx is flashing all the time. It use to just flash as a notification for a text message, but now it will never go out. I have no unread texts, no e-mails or anything thing else that would require it to notify me. The light isn't any other color but green. I really want to be notified of a message but now I have no way of knowing if there is actually a notification or if its just blinking for no reason. Anybody else have this?

Try clearing cache and data for text messaging, voice mail, gmail, any other email app you may be using, calendar and any other app that gives you a notification like tapatalk. Go to menu>Settings >apps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

Tony01

Reaction score
Blinking green light.

Try clearing cache and data for text messaging, voice mail, gmail, any other email app you may be using, calendar and any other app that gives you a notification like tapatalk. Go to menu>Settings >apps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE
I cleared all caches and E-mails and turned off notifications and everything I knew of. The light stopped for about an hour and then started back. I went to Verizon and they said I just needed another phone. I got my new Razr and got everything switched over. After about a day, the new one started flashing the same green light.

Last edited: