Non-Android Apps

johnsorrick

Reaction score
Someone told me that with my Droid rooted, I am able to install apps that are not exclusively Android... such as iPhone apps, etc. Is this true? And how do I go about doing this?

I downloaded this thing called "My Market" which said it allows you to download apps from other providers, but it didn't seem to work for me. Is there anything else that you'd recommend?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
1) Whoever told you that was wrong. Dead wrong. It's impossible to run applications designed for a different OS without an emulator.
2) If that app allows you to get pirated apps this thread will be closed and possibly deleted.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whoever told you that was wrong. Dead wrong. It's impossible to run applications designed for a different OS without an emulator.
For any OS. Not just Android.

I downloaded this thing called "My Market" which said it allows you to download apps from other providers, but it didn't seem to work for me. Is there anything else that you'd recommend?
For what? What are these other "providers"?

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I've seen this app before. Its not a pirate app you still have to pay but the app let's you see apps that other carryors (I suck at spelling and there's no spell check for android) offer

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App