No WIFI connection after update to Android 4.1.2

William_04_x

Reaction score
Thank you, but I've tried all those suggestions and then some. Some say buy a new router. Why should I do that when other devices we own(some running JB) work just fine? I could file an insurance claim and hope a CLNR works. That's a shot in the dark, and costs a little more. I can do a little research, buy another phone(mid contract/full price), and get rid of all the big and little problems this device has. That costs the most, but actually looks to be the best option. After this JB/wifi debacle, I can't wait to get rid of this POS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That has to be very frustrating. Wish I had some advice or tips, but unfortunately I don't. I do hope you can figure this out and enjoy your phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ns444

Reaction score
My Wifi also stopped working a few months ago after updating Android to 4.1.2.
It would connect to my router, but no internet access.
After months of searching, I found this solution on one of the forums.

Try this:

- Make sure Wifi is turned off.
- Go to Settings > Wifi > Menu > Advanced
- Go to bottom of the screen and uncheck "DLNA auto-IP"
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Turn on the wifi

Once again, I can now connect to internet using wifi from my router and other routers.

Good Luck!

William_04_x

Reaction score
I don't have the DLNA auto IP option available to uncheck. For a bit Moto would send a new router to people with this problem. I declined. I'm not wasting my time setting up all my other devices because Moto or Google can't get it together. I'd rather have basic functionality, than some new form of social media integration(which I don't give a rats azz about). Because of the wifi, and BT issues this device has developed after the JB update, I'll never buy Moto again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums