No wi fi

BlueSami

Reaction score
So for some reason my wi fi is not working.
it says its connected but when i go online says it times out.
now i know its not
the router (eris is working on it)
don't think its the kernal i have changed it..

any other tips or tricks?

i am running bb.4 chevy's 1.1 ulv

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Questions that might help you troubleshoot it...

Did this just start recently?

Does wifi work elsewhere, at a friend or neighbor's house or a free wifi place nearby?

If you restore a backup or flash another rom (after backing up what you have now) does it still not work?

Do other wifi devices such as a laptop connect to the same wifi ok? - check, the eris is ok.

OP
BlueSami

BlueSami

Reaction score
it doesn't work on any other wi fi router..

from what i can remeber it did just start in the last couple weeks. i think my next step is to reinstall bb. but i am really waiting for bb.5 lol.

plus tongiht i have to work on the eris that thing is such a pile!! :icon_ banana:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it doesn't work on any other wi fi router..

from what i can remeber it did just start in the last couple weeks. i think my next step is to reinstall bb. but i am really waiting for bb.5 lol.

plus tongiht i have to work on the eris that thing is such a pile!! :icon_ banana:

I'd back up what you have and either restore an older backup or install an older rom that you know it worked on. At least then you know if it somehow stopped working on the phone, hardware wise, or if some app or other software got in the way. By then bb.5 might be ready for you!