Android Market does not download when connected to wi-fi

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
This is probably a newb question but here it goes....

I can connect and browse apps when connected to the marketplace on wi-fi but when I attempt to download the app I choose it will just hang.

Turn the wi-fi off and it just pops right in. Any suggestions? I'm thinking it's a firewall issue with my router.

Maybe I should put the droid in the dmz on it? I have a static IP assigned to it anyway because the wifi would not detect the router with the SSID disabled while using wpa personal.

OP
DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Solution Found : I had to setup up port forwarding on my router it's a Moto SBG900 surfboard. Seems to be working now.

masters

Reaction score
Solution Found : I had to setup up port forwarding on my router it's a Moto SBG900 surfboard. Seems to be working now.

Not really a solution unless you have access to the router, heck you could probably DMZ the droid and it would work.

Anyway it must be a bug there, I can't see what reason it would be, it is ridiculous for it to not work on wifi. I am always on wifi and it frustrates me that I have to kick wifi off to 3G (especially when in a weak 3G area) ..

overcaffein8d

Reaction score

for future reference: port 5228. and it does allow you to install stuff with all signals off except wifi (aka after you enable airplane mode and then enable wifi).