No USB access to SD card

turtledroid

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing this? When I got the phone on friday it connected to my pc(vista ultimate 64)with no issues. today, 4 days later, I am unable to add files to my phone through the media dock or a straight USB connection to pc. I have pulled the battery and re-seated the card. Any one got suggestions?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing this? When I got the phone on friday it connected to my pc(vista ultimate 64)with no issues. today, 4 days later, I am unable to add files to my phone through the media dock or a straight USB connection to pc. I have pulled the battery and re-seated the card. Any one got suggestions?

Just to make sure you are going into the notifications and mounting the card to the PC?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
When you hook device to computer you will get a notification pull it down and choose mount.

You will then be able to access SD card from your computer

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
that would be my answer too, pull down the notification bar and follow prompt to mount. if that doesn't work, report back here and see if anyone else has an answer.

OP
T

turtledroid

Reaction score
Thanks you guys are awesome! That was the ticket. Thanks again!

thefrick

Reaction score
Thanks

Just joined the forum to try to find out why my computer wouldn't recognize the SD card.

Lo and behold, the solution was here.

Thanks.

onekgguy

Reaction score
I was able to use a USB connection to access my Droid through my laptop a couple days ago but today when I tried I'm unable to get any sort of USB device recognition whatsoever. I've tried several times to unplug and plug it in but I'm getting no notifications of any sort that it's recognizing my phone. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kevin g

thefrick

Reaction score
Assume you have re-booted your laptop. Suggest you try the USB port on another computer. That will determine whether it's the computer or the Droid.

onekgguy

Reaction score
Yes, I tried rebooting my laptop but still no luck. The only thing different with my Droid are two apps...Qik and SkyMap that I've downloaded. I can't imagine they would be the reason but I'll uninstall and try again.

Kevin g