No sound/vibrations with typing

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I am REALLY REALLY liking this ROM. The only problem I have found so far is I can not get the typing in text/email to pulse/vibrate or make any sounds. I have checked and unchecked rebooted and still can't get them to come up.

I installed this thing super clean. Wiped data/cache factory reset back to stock rom and did everything over again.

Any one else having this problem?

Cytochrome

Reaction score
I am REALLY REALLY liking this ROM. The only problem I have found so far is I can not get the typing in text/email to pulse/vibrate or make any sounds. I have checked and unchecked rebooted and still can't get them to come up.

I installed this thing super clean. Wiped data/cache factory reset back to stock rom and did everything over again.

Go into settings > Language and Keyboard > Android Keyboard
Check Vibrate on Keypress
Check Sound on Keypress

This should solve your issue, I tested it and it works. :)

Last edited:
OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I tried that like 3 times.. Before and after a reboot..

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score

It appears to be only the Gingerbread keyboard. Maybe this is standard??

pjjanak

Reaction score

It's not. I was using the Gingerbread keyboard before coming to this ROM and this is the first time I haven't been able to get it to vibrate.

Peter

Cytochrome

Reaction score

It's not. I was using the Gingerbread keyboard before coming to this ROM and this is the first time I haven't been able to get it to vibrate.

Peter

Well I am not sure what is going on, but I just tried both the keyboards and vibration and sounds is working for both of them. What was your system version? Were you on 2.3.340?