vibrate / sound toggle

sazziej

Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

I have just upgraded from an S2 to an S4 and i have installed golauncher. On my S2 i could use goswitch to toggle my sound, i was able to have silent, just vibrate, just sound or vibrate and sound together. I cant seem to get this with the S4? I like to have just low sounds whilst at work so as to not disturb people with my phone vibrating across the desk but it only seems to allow silent, vibrate and sound and vibrate together not sound alone. Anyone else had this and found any switch apps that work?
Thanks

reybie

Reaction score
I believe this behavior was introduced in Jelly Bean. At night I mute my notifications but if it's enabled in the app itself, it still vibrates, annoying!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
you could setup "smart actions" for different times during the day. in there you can choose between sound, vibrate or both.
i have one setup to increase the volume during the time while im at work, another to decrease it when im home, and another for silent when im sleeping.
you could obviously set it up to what suits your needs, its a really great app imo, very customizable.

OP
S

sazziej

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the advice i will have a go at the smart actions :)

bbtkd

Reaction score
My issue with smart actions or other schedulers is trusting them. Various ones use a timer and/or location to enable or disable things like Wifi, 4G, sound, etc. I cannot risk sitting in a meeting with upper management and have it ring, etc. Just read the reviews and you can see that some are having issues of it not doing what they set it up for. Granted, doing it manually makes forgetting a risk. A simple slider on the lock screen would be nice.

Last edited: