Not Vibrating

toddhovre

Reaction score
I recently purchased an extended life battery, so I felt it would have been a good fresh start so I factory reset my Droid X2. After the factory reset, my phone will not vibrate at all. I've made sure the Vibration is triggered ON, through the Setting>Sound, and through the Text>Settings>Notification as well. I went to download "Sound Manager" and still no luck with any vibrating. Any ideas?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
That's odd. How did you wipe data? In stock recovery or in settings? The only difference now is the extended battery? And an obvious question you sure you phone isn't on silent?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
T

toddhovre

Reaction score
That's odd. How did you wipe data? In stock recovery or in settings? The only difference now is the extended battery? And an obvious question you sure you phone isn't on silent?

I wiped the data off through the Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset. I swapped batteries, and still no vibration. And of course, the phone isn't on silent, and when it is there still is no vibrate.
This phone is about 1.5 years old, so I doubt its' warranty is still valid...and I can't remember if I've got the petty insurance or not.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you are willing to factory reset again, try this.

Turn the phone off. Hold volume down + power until the screen turns on. Release power but continue holding volume down until "fastboot" appears at the top of your screen. Then press volume down 7 times until "android recovery" is at the top. Press volume up to select it. At the triangle/ exclamation point screen press volume up + volume down at the same time. This is stock recovery, scroll down to wipe data using the volume keys and press power to select it... then reboot.

If that does not work you could consider a SBF.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2