No select all option on email deleting

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Does Blue Mail have the ability to thread multiple accounts in one view?

Will it show Work email accounts with personal account emails without having to switch back and forth between accounts?

bfranker

Reaction score
Does Blue Mail have the ability to thread multiple accounts in one view?

Will it show Work email accounts with personal account emails without having to switch back and forth between accounts?

I have multiple accounts showing at the same time in my email "feed" and I have threaded messages. These messages are from the same account though. Do you mean group emails from the same person sent to different accounts? If so, I just tested that by sending an email from my work email to the 3 accounts I have in the combined view of Blue Mail and I got all three but they were not threaded.

You can select the accounts you want to view in the same email "feed" so I'd say you should have no problem viewing work accounts and personal accounts at the same time.

EDIT: As for the threading... I'm not entirely sure how this is working. I was emailing back and forth with a guy yesterday and those messages are all threaded. However, I emailed him from my home computer last night and he responded this morning and that one message from him this morning was not threaded in with the messages from yesterday. Don't know what's up with that but give it a shot and see how the threading works for you. It's possible that so long as you use your phone all is well but the threading feature won't work all that great if you use something other than your phone to do emails. Would be interesting to hear if this one message may have just "glitched" on my end and if this works for others.

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Yes. I mean if I have my personal account and a seperate work account logged in at the same time that they would show on the same page instead of having to swap back and forth between the accounts.

doniago

Reaction score
I would almost think there's -intentionally- no Select All option from the main Inbox to prevent users from inadvertently deleting all of their email or doing other undesirable things.

Not to say that it shouldn't be an option at all, just considering possible rationales...

bfranker

Reaction score
Yes. I mean if I have my personal account and a seperate work account logged in at the same time that they would show on the same page instead of having to swap back and forth between the accounts.

Yes, Blue Mail shows both on the same page of emails if you are viewing the "Unified Inbox". If you wish to view them separately all you have to do is select which account you want to view on its own.

URRSwede

Reaction score
I just got my Droid turbo for Valetnes Day. Everything went well until I activated my POP3 email accout with Comcast. Now it looks like Gmail with the huge colored letter blocks and the little yellow star for flagging mail. I used to love the dark background in my Moto Maxx HD not this cartoonish mail client and to make it worse 1) I cannot select "delete All" and clear my mail. I have to delete mail one at a time and when deleted 2) they are all in the trash with no way to empty the trash. Clikck on Trash and all the mail is still there and preresumably taking up space on my phone. No select all for the trash or just WMPTY TRASH. Are you kidding. Verizon seems to be more interested in selling me services I don't want than giving me a good, reliable, and easy to use and understand phone. Tech support could not help me either. The suggested I try a 3rd party mail service from the playstore.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
This was what I thought, as well. But I just went to my email, yahoo account, through Google mail, and opened trash. I tapped the three dots on the top left, and voila! Finally. Empty trash appeared.

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk

D._Manley

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly recommend Type (formerly Blue Mail). It is the ultimate in simplicity to set up multiple accounts and customization. It is what the default Android mail app should be. The app is free and support is terrific to answer any questions.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
FYI, Email Mail Outlook - Type - Android Apps on Google Play

4.6 rating with over 500,000 downloads. Actually that's a very high rating, with over 59,000 people rating it (almost 12%)!

6d264760ba5d015b2ab78d9ba1af4f1a.jpg

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Gmail trash only keeps so many days of trash. Don't remember if its 7 or 30 days. If they didn't, people would scream and moan that they can't recover deleted items, I promise you that.
Gmail, I don't care how big your mailbox is, takes up very little room in a phone. Gmail will never make your phone run out of space.
Pretty happy with my email account programs but may have to look at Type. Thought I'd heard of them all...

Turbo Tap'n

D._Manley

Reaction score
Gmail trash only keeps so many days of trash. Don't remember if its 7 or 30 days. If they didn't, people would scream and moan that they can't recover deleted items, I promise you that.
Gmail, I don't care how big your mailbox is, takes up very little room in a phone. Gmail will never make your phone run out of space.
Pretty happy with my email account programs but may have to look at Type. Thought I'd heard of them all...

Turbo Tap'n
Type is just super. It was originally called Blue Mail and actually only changed the name this week with an update. I found it searching for a replacement to the default app for the same reasons of the OP. I can't confirm it since I don't use Apple but many of the reviews say it's remarkably similar to the iPhone mail app (which, they consider a good thing).

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Similar to Apple? You just talked me out of it. ;)

/joke

I really like Black themed Email.
I do remember Blue.

Turbo Tap'n