No select all option on email deleting

JulesKessler

Reaction score
Received my new Droid Turbo 64gb . After transferring everything from my droid Maxx, I found there was no select all option. Now faced with individually deleting over 500 emails out of the trash bin. Will a fix be coming?

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're taking about Gmail, I agree, there should be a select all feature.

Go into your email on your desktop/laptop to access a select all feature. Once your emails are the way you want them, maintain them with your phone.

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
In gmail, the option to empty the trash is in the three buttons on the right of the window with Trash or Spam open.

1coopgt

Reaction score
Received my new Droid Turbo 64gb . After transferring everything from my droid Maxx, I found there was no select all option. Now faced with individually deleting over 500 emails out of the trash bin. Will a fix be coming?

I sure hope they fix it .

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I sure hope they fix it .
Just curious what to expect when I do get the turbo....are you talking about "selecting all" in the Inbox to move to trash....or when the Trash folder is open and "Selecting All"? And is this in the G Mail app or the stock Mail app? Is it that much different from the Droid Maxx? Because both apps on the Maxx have a " Select All" option.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Just curious what to expect when I do get the turbo....are you talking about "selecting all" in the Inbox to move to trash....or when the Trash folder is open and "Selecting All"? And is this in the G Mail app or the stock Mail app? Is it that much different from the Droid Maxx? Because both apps on the Maxx have a " Select All" option.

Good question, as this is available once you're in the trash folder. As for selecting multiple emails, simply long press the first one to select it, then tap each one thereafter to select multiple emails. Once it's in your trash folder you can then get rid of them all at once. Good luck!

S5 tap'n

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
In the newest G-Mail go to the trash folder, tap the menu key upper right and tap
"empty trash" At the inbox a quick swipe to the right will dump messages.

I'm still not clear if G-Mail was what you were asking about.

bfranker

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing come from a Droid Razr Maxx where I could easily "Select All" on messages in my folders. I get a lot of "crap" email and do my email primarily on my home computer so having to select each individual email to delete it was unacceptable for me on my new Droid Turbo. For this reason I set out to find an email app that would. I settled on Blue Mail. Not only will it do the "Select All" feature, I find it much better and more visually appealing than the stock installed email app, which I really dislike due to them stripping all the features out of it. Anyway, give Blue Mail a try.

1coopgt

Reaction score

Both actually . Right now you have to delete 1 at a time or move to a different folder 1 at a time . This is with the stock mail app .

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Both actually . Right now you have to delete 1 at a time or move to a different folder 1 at a time . This is with the stock mail app .
So once the first message is selected, no "Select All" option from the menu button?

1coopgt

Reaction score
No unfortunately . Although someone mentioned Blue Mail so I'm trying it out .