no room for apps.

hubdroid

Reaction score
any fixes for having to delete apps to make room for new apps? Buddy with iPhone thought it was pretty funny that I was low on memory...Don't want to have to back-up on sd card ony to then load it back on internal memory to use it...

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
How many apps do you have? I have over 80 apps on my droid and still have plenty of space left.

Darkseider

Reaction score
This is an unfortunate by product of the way Android is designed right now. From what I have heard Google is already thinking about allowing apps to be installed to the SD Card and making it an official part of Android but as to whether or not that happens remains to be seen. The only option right now is to back them up and re-install. Maybe some of the devs here will get App2SD working on the Droid. But as of right now that is your only option.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless it is a ROM leaving a smaller amount of memory for him, I'd be curious to know what the OP has as well ...

yamaha83

Reaction score
i have 203mb of the 261 used up right now and am running BD7.8... my internal memory meter shows im in the red but if you think about it almost 60mb or memory is a good chunk of app space since i dont think i have see many that are over 3mb... and even that is a pretty large app... are you thinking that you are running low? or are you actually getting a notification that you are out of memory? i have gotten the notification when trying to update lookout mobile defense... but i think thats an issue with the app since i know i have room for it... so i just leave it not updated right now...

yamaha83

Reaction score
also, you might get a cache cleaner... i just used one for the first time and cleared about 20MB of space..

OP
H

hubdroid

Reaction score
I have about 100 apps. But before you say how many do you need...I guess I'm worried about the cool apps/games he had on Iphone and wonder if many of them port over I would have no way of downloading them.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got down to 23mb of free space once and without losing any apps I gained about 20mb back.

Open Astro - free from the Market
menukey
tools
application manager/backup
backup all apps
uninstalled all apps except Astro (Stupid me uninstalled Astro, so I had to go reinstall it to continue)
from the backed up apps column - reinstalled all apps

This ends up moving all the apk install information over to the card, saving that amount of space on the phone itself.

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
I got down to 23mb of free space once and without losing any apps I gained about 20mb back.

Open Astro - free from the Market
menukey
tools
application manager/backup
backup all apps
uninstalled all apps except Astro (Stupid me uninstalled Astro, so I had to go reinstall it to continue)
from the backed up apps column - reinstalled all apps

This ends up moving all the apk install information over to the card, saving that amount of space on the phone itself.

Thank you! This is perfect. Was wondering if there was a way to remove the install info, and there is. :)

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I just saw this on the Solutions thread. This is awesome! Wish the developers would do this by default. Some apps you can't do it with; it says (private). Though it's doubtful, I hope this method doesn't cause any future conflicts. I'm curious though how far any of you have tested this.
A.) What folder does it store the installation files at on the SD card?
B.) When the application receives an update, does that cause an issue (i.e. do you have to back it up, uninstall it, and reinstall it again)?

Thanks by the way. :)