how to manage internal memory

yamaha83

Reaction score
i have the internal memory app and it says i only have about 96MB left of memory... i went through my apps and stuff and got some room back... but is there a way to see what is using most of the memory? i have Astro but the only thing i know how to do with is is backup apps... do widgets take up a lot of memory? is there an app or something that will plot out the big users or something so you can figure what is needed and not needed based off mem usages?

DP03

Reaction score
I'm using andexplorer (free in the market) and it lets you manage files. What I'm finding unusual is that downloaded video to my sd card seems to be duplicated (under differerent file name) on my internal memory. Not sure why, unless that just how the OS works.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i have the internal memory app and it says i only have about 96MB left of memory... i went through my apps and stuff and got some room back... but is there a way to see what is using most of the memory? i have Astro but the only thing i know how to do with is is backup apps... do widgets take up a lot of memory? is there an app or something that will plot out the big users or something so you can figure what is needed and not needed based off mem usages?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

There is no need to worry about it, Android OS will manage it fine without tinkering.....

OP
yamaha83

yamaha83

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

There is no need to worry about it, Android OS will manage it fine without tinkering.....

i have read that and im not worried about apps running in the backround. im worried about how much memmory certain things take up such as widets and whatever else used internal memory... it currently says i am using 146MB of memory but if i add up all of my apps they are only using 86MB... so im wondering what else uses memory and if there is a way to manage it?

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
I'm using andexplorer (free in the market) and it lets you manage files. What I'm finding unusual is that downloaded video to my sd card seems to be duplicated (under differerent file name) on my internal memory. Not sure why, unless that just how the OS works.

Have you figured this out yet? My internal memory goes down everytime I download wallpaper to the SD card also.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score

What does apps running in the background have to do with wallpaper downloads taking up internal hard drive space when it is suppose to only be saving to the SD card? I'm a newbbie, help me to understand that.

Thanks

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apps are installed into the internal flash memory, 512Mb, and then run within the internal system RAM, 256Mb. Apps cannot be run from the SD card.

If you run out of internal flash memory, you'll need to uninstall some apps.

As stated before, let the OS handle the RAM usage.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Apps are installed into the internal flash memory, 512Mb, and then run within the internal system RAM, 256Mb. Apps cannot be run from the SD card.

If you run out of internal flash memory, you'll need to uninstall some apps.

As stated before, let the OS handle the RAM usage.
Ok I must be missing something, since when is wallpaper a app? I thought wallpaper was a image, no?