Any way to force apps to install to SD card?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, they are in the works of App2SD which will allow it, other then that and rooting there is really no way to do it.

Reaction score
all aps automaticaly get put in the sd card that was pre installed and just a kilobyte or so for the picture go on the main memory

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
all aps automaticaly get put in the sd card that was pre installed and just a kilobyte or so for the picture go on the main memory

Thanks. Glad to hear this, as I was wondering what the point of such a big SD card was if the apps weren't installing to it.

xndzizz

Reaction score

are you sure this is true? i thought that the droid has a 256mb mem for apps and the SD card is for media storage.

kyoo

Reaction score
Yea - when looking at the folder of the SD card there's no apps on it.. I guess it saves to the internal memory, but I don't really understand why. Isn't that pretty limiting?

Stigy

Reaction score
On stock Android software all applications are installed to the 256MB of internal memory. If (and when) the Droid is rooted you will be able to install applications to your SD card so you can have MANY MANY more applications.

The SD card on stock firmware is used for some caches and for media.

kyoo

Reaction score
novice, sorry what do you mean rooted?
nice pic btw lol love top gear