No Ringtone

BoJatey

Reaction score
Can't get my Droid X to ring when someone calls. When I go to Settings, Sound, Phone Ringtone to try and see why, I get a force close (process com. android.settings). Anyone know why? Got it to ring before when I had the problem but can't remember what I did. Speaker is on in pull down screen. Thought it had something to do with my wifi so I disabled it and still won't ring. I'm running LIB 3 2.0 on GB .605 from a TBH update.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try going to /settings/applications/"all" tab...
scroll down to settings/settings storage and clear data for them... then you should be able to go in there

OP
BoJatey

BoJatey

Reaction score
try going to /settings/applications/"all" tab...
scroll down to settings/settings storage and clear data for them... then you should be able to go in there

There's two storage apps. The one with hammer icon is 56kb, the other icon is wheel? with up arrow and 116kb. Both versions are 2.3.3 and all tabs are grayed out so I can't clear data. Could be source of problem since there are two and tabs are grayed. Should I delete one and which one?

OP
BoJatey

BoJatey

Reaction score
Wiped data thru Liberty App Manager for both and didn't work.

Lyod

Reaction score
Having the same issue

Running Liberty 3 V2.0 and for a couple weeks now I'm noticing missed calls but not remembering hearing the phone ring.
When I go into settings to change my ringtone, I get a force close.

I've wipe cache, rebooted, nothing worked..

shaggykid

Reaction score
Sounds like an issue with the liberty rom itself. If you just recently upgraded it there could be bugs in it. I used Liberty before but switched to Cyanogen after having too many issues with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
BoJatey

BoJatey

Reaction score
Running Liberty 3 V2.0 and for a couple weeks now I'm noticing missed calls but not remembering hearing the phone ring.
When I go into settings to change my ringtone, I get a force close.

I've wipe cache, rebooted, nothing worked..

I found my problem. Hope it helps you. I had Under My Wheels by Alice Cooper as my ringtone and somehow it was deleted so when a call came in it looked for that song. Since it wasn't there I got no ring. I simply designated another song as my ringtone through PowerAmp and problem solved. Don't know why something so simple would cause Settings, Sound, Ringtones to force close but its all good now. Hope this helps you.

devdeuce

Reaction score
I found my problem. Hope it helps you. I had Under My Wheels by Alice Cooper as my ringtone and somehow it was deleted so when a call came in it looked for that song. Since it wasn't there I got no ring. I simply designated another song as my ringtone through PowerAmp and problem solved. Don't know why something so simple would cause Settings, Sound, Ringtones to force close but its all good now. Hope this helps you.

Nice! Alice Cooper

There is no spoon