Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Well thanks to the retarded iPhone, Verizon has announced that they will no longer do the "New Every 2" upgrades ! Can you believe this !?! As of Jan. 16th 2011 (yeah i know it's already passed), Verizon will no longer let people upgrade their phones for the normal $50-$100 discount. They are also ending their "Early Upgrade" option as well. Haven't seen a post on here about this yet so figured I would let everyone know ! Here's the article, let the trash talking begin !!!!

Verizon Ends New Every Two and Early Upgrades - SmartMoney.com :icon_cussing:

OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Yep ! Verizon finds yet another way to screw their customers and surprise, Apple had a helping hand in it ! Sure this will get Verizon a lot of angry phone calls and emails.

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
I wonder if this is one of those breach of contract things that can get us out of contract for free...hmmm I wonder

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if this is one of those breach of contract things that can get us out of contract for free...hmmm I wonder

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
No its not. Everyone currently under contract will get their NE2 when their contract is up, but it will be your last one.
spc_hicks09, it hasnt been $100 in many years.

OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Actually it has been, I got the Eris when it first came out for only $50 on my upgrade. Wife got the new bb curve for $100. At least I still have 1 upgrade coming though lol.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Remember folks, this doesn't affect the 2 year contract price. Plus, Verizon will still run special deals. Just the $50 NE2 discount is gone. Not really that big of a deal.

zgruven

Reaction score
Actually it has been, I got the Eris when it first came out for only $50 on my upgrade. Wife got the new bb curve for $100. At least I still have 1 upgrade coming though lol.

Yup when I upgraded tothe Droid X I got $100 off and the wife got $50 off her Fascinate.. But I think that was do to the HUGE discount we get from my wifes work not sure though..

Well Atleast I have 3 phones that I will be able to do the upgrade with.....