No Longer Seeing MP3s In Audio Apps

TheCarsForever

Reaction score
Hello,

A couple weeks ago I tried out a few different phone call recording apps. I never had much luck with them and removed each that I tried. Ever since doing this, I no longer see an MP3 files in any of my audio apps such as WinAmp and cannot use my playlists. Prior to testing the call recording apps I would see all of my 3000+ Mp3 files when I opened WinAmp and selected ARTISTS, SONGS, ALBUMS, etc. I also lost my MP3 based ringtones, but regained them using ES File Explorer and in the ES Media Player choosing 'Set As Ringtone.' Even if I manually choose to play an MP3 file via ES or Astro File Explorers, the file being played is not available in any media player once the track completes.

All of the files are in the default MUSIC folder and there is not a .nomedia file in the folder. There were no issues prior to the call recording software being installed so I suspect something was changed that I have not found yet. I have cleared the cache and/or data via APPS in settings for WinAmp and MediaStorage. This is on a Motorola Droid Maxx running stock 4.4.4 that has been upgraded to system version 24.13.2 today (well after the issue started and no help). I am trying to avoid a factory reset since this is the only hiccup I am running into and would prefer not to deal with reconfiguring everything.

Any suggestions to restore this functionality would be greatly appreciated.

OP
TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

Reaction score
I finally gave in and rest the phone to factory defaults and re-loaded everything. MP3s work just fine now. I will just stay away from any call recording apps going forward.