No Display on Screen: Verizon/Moto Warranty Differences

mrredskin

Reaction score
My Droid I screen will no longer display anything. Screen is still responsive to touch, but obviously it's hard to do anything except answer a call and change volume levels since you can't see what you're doing.

Anyway, I purchased on release day, so warranty with Verizon has expired as of Nov 6. Well, Motorola shows my warranty as exisiting until mid-January of 2011. Anyone had this issue, yet? Motorola won't issue another phone if I have to send directly to them to get repaired, so I guess I'll have to borrow an old phone from a friend or coworker if I have to do this. Should i have any leeway with Verizon since the manufacturer still shows I have the warranty? The two different dates make no sense. For what it's worth, even if Moto warranty was expired, I used an AMEX to purchase so could file a claim through them, but that's moot.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
have you tried going to a verizon store and talking with them? with a major issue like this they might just give you a refurb unit.

OP
mrredskin

mrredskin

Reaction score
yep, that was my first step. since they are showing nov 6 as my last day under warranty, they couldnt do anything. i guess i'll attempt to call verizon corporate or chat online (if that's an option) early today since i'm at work

OP
mrredskin

mrredskin

Reaction score
called the 800 verizon number. explained the warranty differences and that if i sent to moto, i'd be without a phone for 2 weeks. the rep said he would do a one time courtesy and send me a refurb overnight (arriving today) for no cost. very nice of them to do, which saves me the headache of having to use a backup phone for at least 2 weeks, now.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad to here it.. i personally think VZW has some of the best customer service..

OP
mrredskin

mrredskin

Reaction score
i agree. glad they are THE big provider in my area, as well. never had an issue with them... yet!