no display but dim backlight

wildings

Reaction score
Hello to the Droid Forum. I'm a new member and would appreciate some help with this issue. When I power up, the screen is dimly backlit, but no graphics visible. Keyboard also lit when I open it, as are the icons on the bottom of the case. When I power off, the green notification blinks. If I power on and slide a finger over the screen in the approximate area where the unlock should be, I can feel the vibration setting that it is in unlocked position, but no display visible. No display lights up when in docking cradle. Have done a couple of hard resets by removing battery with no change. Thanks, and best regards. Bet it is a faulty unit?Thanks!

Majk_Wazowski

Reaction score
Hi

Got the same issue yesterday :(. The phone is running, can even make calls and read messages under some bright light.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem. I've also been doing soft and hard resets (with battery removal), power off etc. Nothing has helped. But suddenly somebody had called me. I wanted to disconnect but coudn't hit "end" icon (yeah, it's ridiculous), so I pulled off the battery for a short while. The phone woke up instantly and without a PIN as far as I remember (soft reset?) and the backlight started to work properly! It was working all the evening. I went to bed late night and set the alarm clock. Today I woke up and it's broken again...:icon_evil: The workaround with removing the battery is not working anymore.

regards,

OP
W

wildings

Reaction score
Got new replacement phone - concearned problem from leaving in docking cradle forlong periods with screen on full brightness. Anyone else use the cradle to charge and display and have similarproblem? Hesitate to use my cradle now.

Majk_Wazowski

Reaction score
I've been using only car dock sometimes. But the problem appeared few days ago and I hadn't docked my phone for a few weeks at that moment.

I Don't believe it could be related to docking... otherwise it would be a huge shame for Motorola and the components they use...

irishdroid

Reaction score
Got new replacement phone - concearned problem from leaving in docking cradle forlong periods with screen on full brightness. Anyone else use the cradle to charge and display and have similarproblem? Hesitate to use my cradle now.

I had the same problem within 12 hours of getting my first Droid back in December. I got it replaced and have had issue since, I put mine on the cradle everynight. I think its a hardware issue.

Majk_Wazowski

Reaction score

I had the same problem within 12 hours of getting my first Droid back in December. I got it replaced and have had issue since, I put mine on the cradle everynight. I think its a hardware issue.

Yep, this is definitely a hardware issue. I've restored my backup from the first month of his life. It didn't help so also tried to restore the default factory settings. No results...

update:
sent to service, they replaced my main board, now it's working ok

Last edited:

SRGENT ROOT

Reaction score
i am having this problem too mine is rooted and romed w/ costom boot so what should i do, will verizon care or even be able to tell?

nvm i just set back to stock and it fixed it.

Last edited: