No D2 OTA GB update, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good news...?!? p3's such a tease! Hook called it.

I talked to P3 about it a few times. First, the OP got it wrong P3 never said that the D2 wouldn't ever have Gingerbread, he said he hasn't seen a D2 with it being tested. He's now tweeted that he has.

I hate to say it, but I'm a court show freak. I watch Judge Judy religiously. And she says something that's always good to keep in mind: "If it doesn't make sense, it's not true."

I wouldn't say I called it, I just made an observation and even with this information there is no guarantee that Gingerbread is coming to the D2. It only makes sense that if the X gets it, so would the D2.

foxky

Reaction score
p3droid just posted this on twitter : if you have a d2 we have big news for you...

tapped on my LibX 1.5

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
WJust remember hook, I didn't tar and feather you ;)
I was on your side

Sent from my DROID2

No problem either way. What I was trying to say is basically don't believe everything you hear coming from the internet. In this case apparently something got distorted in the translation.

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I don't think I got it "wrong", honestly most of the poeple that saw the red headed step child tweet probably thought the same things I did. He said to ditch the D2 which led me to believe the D2 would never see another update. Now I agree as far as don't believe everything you see on the internet, however usually p3 is good for what he says. Anyways, it's probably time to close this thread.

CKD2

Reaction score
This makes me mad im gettin a replacement in the mail tomorrow.. does this mean it will be a d2g?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I got a refurb. D2 last week for my lost D2. I didnt want the D2G so I'm happy.

trook

Reaction score
I'm on gb right now! Its a big improvement but still blur, an awful lot of blue too... I'm switching back in a few until someone figures out how to root it, blur overload!

tb110895

Reaction score
I'm on gb right now! Its a big improvement but still blur, an awful lot of blue too... I'm switching back in a few until someone figures out how to root it, blur overload!

Same man! I would've preferred black over blue. Or even grey
ill switch back tomorrow until they fix the incredibly low volume in calls. I like then new blur, until they take it and make an AOSP rom out of it

Sent from my DROID2

cydetrakd

Reaction score

Same man! I would've preferred black over blue. Or even grey
ill switch back tomorrow until they fix the incredibly low volume in calls. I like then new blur, until they take it and make an AOSP rom out of it

Sent from my DROID2

i had the same problem until i rebooted especially while activating the phone root or no root the rom is faster than anything i've tried on my d2 and my og droid. Hopefully someone like kosuh can figure out how to root this leak.

jimberg

Reaction score
gb looked great. went smoothly. but i missed root and liberty. it's gonna be nice once it's rooted!

sent from my liberated droid 2

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think I got it "wrong", honestly most of the poeple that saw the red headed step child tweet probably thought the same things I did. He said to ditch the D2 which led me to believe the D2 would never see another update. Now I agree as far as don't believe everything you see on the internet, however usually p3 is good for what he says. Anyways, it's probably time to close this thread.

And you know what, I agree. You heard what you heard and you passed on what you heard to the best of your ability. I'll close the thread so people will get off your back.

Status
Not open for further replies.