Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
P3 is reliable.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I don't say that he isn't. I'm simply saying that I'm skeptical on this. I'll tell P3 Droid to his virtual face. There is not that much difference between the X and the D2. I don't think the D2 is going to get a pass while the X gets an upgrade. It doesn't make sense.

tb110895

Reaction score
I think I'm taking hook's side on this. Besides a few minor differences the D2 is almost identical to the X and pretty close to the global( minus the sensors and the processor speed)
I'm starting to think that maybe they meant the Droid 2 and Droid 2 global but only said the global cause its newer. Just a thought

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
P3 is reliable.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I don't say that he isn't. I'm simply saying that I'm skeptical on this. I'll tell P3 Droid to his virtual face. There is not that much difference between the X and the D2. I don't think the D2 is going to get a pass while the X gets an upgrade. It doesn't make sense.

Hook I think you are right, the best thing to do is take a wait and see approach to this. If we get all worked up over a tweet then we are repeating history, ala bootloader being unlocked. I say lets wait and see what motorola says first.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^&^^Remember the Milestone A854?

Yeah you can say the same thing for the Fascinate and Froyo too, I suppose. I still think the D2 will see Gingerbread.

It's all good, when I have Gingerbread on my D2 I'll discuss it some more. :)

knivesout

Reaction score
I have to agree with the others, if this is true and Moto abandons the D2 while updating the X, the D2 will be my last Moto phone. Definitely would be interested more in HTC when I get to upgrade.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Moto has quite the ego for a company that was saved by Android. Now they want to start their own os? Ask David Lee Roth how that usually ends up.

HTC is gonna clean up on marketshare if Moto delays ota's like they have been.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

destin246

Reaction score
This makes me mad im gettin a replacement in the mail tomorrow.. does this mean it will be a d2g?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

leakim13

Reaction score
My whole issue here is that its just not how u should run a business... it should be clear to their customers what they intend to do, with the new phones coming out and most of us sitting on some form of an upgrade (I've had my NE2 since nov, contract up tomorrow actually) one would think it would be easy to fire an email saying.... "hey that phone u have there... that top of the line 8 months ago? Yeah well... even though its 1000 times better than the phone u had two phones ago oh and by the way we apologize for sticking u with it when your perfectly dialed in OG took a nose dive... it will stop being updated and you should prolly take advantage of these offers we have for upcoming phones... we want to keep you in the warm embrace of the motorola family" I was 100% set on snagging the bionic when it comes out (25th of never) and because motorola built me these neat little pocket laptops... I have pushed it to the point where I want... nay!! I NEEEEEEEEED more.... hell I will throw 600 at my next phone if I have to... to get what I want. I'm 31, and all the disposible income I can earn.... but this GLARING whole in what should be a greatful companies take on customer service and retention practices is too big not to walk right through it and into the warm and happy embrace of the next company that offers me dual cores and a cracked bootloader... and furthermore.... if verizon doesn't release a comprehensive LTE schedule and billing plan for what they are doing in the next 2 years I'm going to tell them to take a hike too, port my number to google and never sign a contract again.

(Steps down off soap box)

Living Free, hopefully not Dying.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Moto has quite the ego for a company that was saved by Android. Now they want to start their own os? Ask David Lee Roth how that usually ends up.

HTC is gonna clean up on marketshare if Moto delays ota's like they have been.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Lol good ol van halen reference.
I was reading about this earlier today and its a dumb idea
Something about the lack of product differentiation(I know that people get droid and android mixed up) and a few problems with google and android. But still for Motorola being as old as they are they better have something up their sleeve(like what if they created the first android powered laptop?)
But this is a rumor, and who knows what's happening over at Motorola's hq

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Riesj

Reaction score
Just adds more hate towards motorola. HTC and Samsung are loving the way moto treats us, it just giving them customers and money.

Sent from a jtagged D2!

HTC seems to be going down the same path.

Anyways, I was hoping we would already have our updates by now. My next phone will probably be a Google branded one, at least they get their updates in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.