No connection

mrdroid

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this was a planned outage. We (we, as in the company I work for) got a notification a few weeks ago about it.

jbdavies

Reaction score
It cuts in and out in SLC, Utah. Started last night... that I remember. Goes from 3G to 1x.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
damn there is people still w/o 3g? Man ATT would have a field day on this one.

shhhh just keep your droid in your pocket and this will just have to be the day you cant talk junk to iphone users today. It should be fixed by tomo and you can continue making them look bad.....until then today will be a very productive day at work because you cant get data on your droid; may even impress the boss and get a raise lol.

tommyz

Reaction score
Just fine here in Chicago, IL. Apparently ok in NY as well...

You just have to get up a little earlier.

I know it was out from at least 5:30am. (time I leave for work) Everything seem to be fixed by about 7:00 am in Chicago.

ToddClark

Reaction score
happened to me this morning before 7am. about 8am, my little 3g symbol came back up and been running fine since. I called verizon too, and when i got the automated "we're having an unusual high call volume", i knew then it was a VZ issue and not the phone.

Damn people are so quick to freak out.

atlharry

Reaction score
Just fine here in Chicago, IL. Apparently ok in NY as well...

You just have to get up a little earlier.

I know it was out from at least 5:30am. (time I leave for work) Everything seem to be fixed by about 7:00 am in Chicago.

well I was up and getting exchange email at around 5:00 AM though... don't get me wrong though, this was definitely a special case... you normally won't find me up at 5 AM on most days!

anewday

Reaction score
I read this while on the bus to work in NYC. When was the last nationwide outage?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
RIM blackberry outage about 6 months ago

ronjr123

Reaction score
You would have thought this would have made the national news, seeing this is suposed to be about the network. Look how some main stream media dumped on RIM when they had problems. Makes you wonder how VZW kept this out of the media radar.

irishdroid

Reaction score
I think the outage helped push me over the edge to root my phone. I thought it was my phone not picking up the data signal yesterday and I had no one else around to see if they had a signal. So, thinking it was my Droid, I did a battery pull to see if that would fix it. After that it wouldnt boot anymore, not sure if having no 3G signal and doing a batt pull caused it. So, I knew I had to do a factory reset and I figured might as well root since I have to wipe it anyway. Couldnt be happier, thanks VZW.

Could just be wishful thinking?

CYBERSAINT2K

Reaction score
I think the outage helped push me over the edge to root my phone.

Interesting situation--Sprint voice and IM is out in Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa, a huge section of the state. Tech said it's been out since March 2 and is dated to be fixed on March 9.

Yes, March 9.

I said to him, what do you suggest that people who rely on cell phones for their livelihood do? He didn't know. I suggested getting a trackphone and porting my number to it and sending them the bill. He seemed to think that was a good suggestion.

Instead I'm leaving Sprint after 11 years and going to Verizon for a Droid. Rooted from Day 1.

PS

Any threads around here about moving Palm data to Gmail? I've been a Palm person since the Treo 150. My wife and I have years of stuff and it's too big to manually reinput.