No computer, want to root X2

Cloverfields88

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advise on if and how to root my X2 without a computer. This will be my 2nd root. The first was a Citrus I bought my mother and I managed to brick it. I've been scared to root a phone since. But I think I figured out what went wrong.

Thx!!! :)

Sent from my DROID X2

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
If you are on froyo(2.2.2), you don't need a PC... but if on gb(2.3.3 or 2.3.4) you will.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Animal_Inside

Reaction score
Nope, sorry. Unless there's something I don't know about.

Well that answers my question too. So both droids I own,are neither true stand alone rootable phones ( droidx2 with 2.3.4 and Droid 1 with 2.2.2 )???,

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should be able to root the D1 without a computer.

Boot Manager

Animal_Inside

Reaction score
Ty Brad
I know its not the right thread, but could ya point me in right direction?

Btw wth is up with tha weather in Texas . I'm about to wear out my thermostat . Heater to AC every other day.

OP
C

Cloverfields88

Reaction score
Well that answers my question too. So both droids I own,are neither true stand alone rootable phones ( droidx2 with 2.3.4 and Droid 1 with 2.2.2 )???,

You can root the OG Droid with z4root. I like z4root. It has the option to temporarily root or permanent root. After rooted with the permanent option it can be undone by z4root too

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
You can root the OG Droid with z4root. I like z4root. It has the option to temporarily root or permanent root. After rooted with the permanent option it can be undone by z4root too

I thought z4 was just for 2.2.1, I know gingerbreak v1.2 will root 2.2.2 though... it could be different on the og Droid though

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is Z4 Root:
http://db.tt/xpSBRDtT

And the weather is always weird down here. Where I live, there's always wind so when it gets cold, the windchill is unbearable lol.

Where are you at in Texas?

Boot Manager

tituswife

Reaction score
If you are on froyo(2.2.2), you don't need a PC... but if on gb(2.3.3 or 2.3.4) you will.

Why no pc if froyo. If you root on froyo, what happens with GB update? BTW, why froyo as a name? I thought they were all dessert names. Thanks!

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

Animal_Inside

Reaction score
Here is Z4 Root:
http://db.tt/xpSBRDtT

And the weather is always weird down here. Where I live, there's always wind so when it gets cold, the windchill is unbearable lol.

Where are you at in Texas?

Boot Manager

I'm in Texas City . Just north of Galveston and south of Houston

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Why no pc if froyo. If you root on froyo, what happens with GB update? BTW, why froyo as a name? I thought they were all dessert names. Thanks!

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

For froyo (2.2.1) or in the x2's case (2.2.2) there are exploits that will work on the phone themselves(z4 and gingerbreak)... and if on froyo and rooted updating to gb will break root. There is a slight possibility that Voodoo ota root keeper could restore root from froyo to gb but I've never tested it, and as far as the name is concerned I have no clue