No car dock or multimedia dock?

Socal Autowerks

Reaction score
are they ever going to come out with a dock for the DINC? i can't believe the lack of accessories this phone has....

Doyer

Reaction score
Here's the Dinc with the Arkon Mega Grip dashboard mount. Someone posted earlier they ordered it but hasn't posted pics yet:

UOgxe.jpg
V2gqf.jpg

Vent Mount
cbU6Y.jpg
ucGPB.jpg

Website: Arkon Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for HTC Droid Incredible | Verizon HTC Droid Incredible Car Mount

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
Thanks, but it would be great to find one that works sideways/landscape mode. I would worry that this one would let the phone fall out of it.

futureroads

Reaction score
Horizontal mount for Dinc

See the video in the first post in this thread for a horizontal/sideways/landscape mount.

Doyer

Reaction score
Thanks, but it would be great to find one that works sideways/landscape mode. I would worry that this one would let the phone fall out of it.
lol, dude it's called "Mega Grip" for a reason. Here's a video of it with the iPhone 4, the dude shakes it pretty hard and it doesn't fall out:

[video=youtube;42oDelJD3hA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42oDelJD3hA]YouTube - iPhone 4 Mount | Car Mount for iPhone 4 | Arkon Mega Grip Holder[/video]

Logan176

Reaction score
Doyer,

How does the dashboard mount stick to the dashboard? I don't like the vent mounts because the ones that I have used in the past tend to scratch the vents. I'm looking for a mount that will stay put, but at the same time I can switch it from my car to my wife's without any trouble.

Doyer

Reaction score
Logan, the bottom of the dash mount has some neoprene (?) non-skid material on it, so it should stay put on a clean dash (if your dash is dusty, you should clean it or the mount could slide off). Also, it works best on a flat or slightly slanted dash. It'll work on the type of dash in the pic I posted,, but if you do, I'd recommend using the safety hook that's included just in case you have to swerve hard or something to avoid an accident.

Check out droiddog.com's review: Review: Arkon’s Mega Grip car docks | DroidDog Android Blog

Logan176

Reaction score
That was a nice car dock review and the price is right. I will most likely buy one of those.

tommy281

Reaction score
Search over-

this thing is great-

[video=youtube;awh6QP8-BBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awh6QP8-BBE[/video]

Logan176

Reaction score
That one does look nice but I have always been leery about docks that attach to car vents because they often scratch up the fins on the vent. Then again this one doesn't slide on so it might not scratch. It seems like we have two good options now. Thanks for the post.