No car dock or multimedia dock?

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
I currently have the Droid as well as the car and multimedia docks. Am I seeing it right on Verizon's page that they don't make anything like that for the Incredible? I use the GPS all the time and having a car dock would be very nice especially.

Pianoman178

Reaction score
I've been looking for an Incredible car mount as well. All I can find on amazon are crappy universal mounts.

Is there an ETA on Incredible docks/mounts?

bkrickles

Reaction score
verizon already has a car dock for the incredible and I was gonna get it except you can't attach your phone to it unless it doesn't have a case on it. I have the innocase II, which I love, but it won't go on car mount with it on...
For me that defeats the purpose. I don't want to take the case off every time I use the mount. Oh well, gotta look for a good universal

Pianoman178

Reaction score
That was going to be my next question...

I plan on using a case with my Incredible (don't have it yet...ugh). My fiance has the Moto-Droid and it does not fit in the car mount with the back case on.

I guess a universal would be the only way to go. I need to find one that doesn't block the charging port. If anyone could recommend a good universal car mount, please let me know.

neyel8r

Reaction score
i'm going to be using the crud out of google maps navigation & one of these would be rather handy for me as well. being the ebay junkie that i am, i've only been able to find a few universal ones there like this http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Droid-Incre...ewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2eae95d7c1 . for $5 shipped, i guess you can't go wrong.

& this http://cgi.ebay.com/CAR-CHARGER-PHO...ewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2308af93a5 is lookin like a pretty snazzy deal with the charger

i'm probably not going to use a case on my Incredible & i like the look of the oem verizon car mount, but i'm not gonna pay that much for it. maybe someone will come out with a less costly look-alike version.

Last edited:

Pianoman178

Reaction score
I was able to find these. Supposedly Verizon is going to send me them with my phone...we'll see.

Car Dock (VZW6300MNT):
HTC Incredible Car Window Mount & Phone Holder Combo

Desktop Dock (VZW6300DTC):
HTC Droid Incredible Desktop Charging Cradle

I've seen that car dock around on amazon. I read a review that said the phone won't fit with a case on...that could be a problem.

Looks like I'll have to try the plethora of universal mounts and hope I eventually find a decent one...

nickeltherapy

Reaction score
Where is the Multimedia dock? Has anyone seen one? I certainly can't find one. :r_c:

OP
ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874

Reaction score
I recently read on some online site that it was discontinued. Well, to be more specific, they never actually made it. :(

futureroads

Reaction score
Found a car mount I like

After trying several generic car mounts for my Incredible I'm happy with one I ordered from Wal-Mart (can only get it online).

Walmart.com: Kensington Dash Car Mount for iPhone / iPod: Audio

The biggest problem with the others is that their flexible arms caused the phone to vibrate when driving. This mount is stable.

I'm also using the Motorola T505 Bluetooth speaker phone for both phone calls and to stream Pandora radio from my Droid to my radio. It auto mutes the music when calls are made/received. I am also running SMS Speak to read incoming text messages to me.

[video=youtube;IbLVX-cLffg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLVX-cLffg]YouTube - Truckn Across the Skyway Bridge Over Tampa Bay[/video]

futureroads

Reaction score
Flexible arms cause phone to vibrate

I tried the one from Amazon. I liked the built-in power but it also has a flexible arm which means the phone vibrates on the end of it when you are driving. In my case my cigarette lighter position also made it unuseable when the gear shift (on the console) was in Drive.

ChugIt

Reaction score
It has a suction AND an AC/heater vent clip. I don't see how the one I posted would be in the way if you clipped it to your vent.

Edit: Wait, I understand now. They do make extended adapters though to get the plug out of your way if you need to. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited:

futureroads

Reaction score
Amazon car mount

So you have tried the Amazon car mount as a vent mount yourself? I live in Florida and anything that blocks an AC vent is not a good option.