No Battery Charging Indicator

BeBopN

Reaction score
When charging my phone the battery charging lighting bolt indicator no longer shows. When I check my battery level under settings I see that my battery level is increasing so I know the phone is charging however I no longer see the lightning bolt icon nor does the unlock screen show that I am charging and at what percentage my battery level is. Please help! I want my indicator back!

heem

Reaction score
huh. are you sure its not fully charged? once it's charged it shuts the icon off and such

OP
BeBopN

BeBopN

Reaction score
My battery icon will show the battery level is low. I plug in my charger and the icon doesn't change to the lightning bolt icon. Then I check the battery level percentage through settings and it will show the percentage, which is say at 15%. Then I will check it in a few minutes and the level is 20%, then check again 30%, etc. So I have to leave up my settings menu to know when it's 100% so I can disconnect. So frustrating.

heem

Reaction score
out of curiosity how are you charging? With the charger that came with it? Plugged into the wall or plugged into usb? Try different methods to see if you can troubleshoot. One thing I can think of is if you are on USB that maybe you aren't providing enough wattage for it to consider it 'charging' but it will take the power at the lower level anyway.

Just a thought.

OP
BeBopN

BeBopN

Reaction score
I am using the charger that came with it. I have had it since 11/10 and it worked correctly up until a couple of days ago. I have tried both ways USB and wall - same thing. The wattage theory sounds feasible, maybe the cable is faulty. Do you know of a way to check that?

OP
BeBopN

BeBopN

Reaction score
Turns out my DROID was defective. Techs at Verizon just replaced the phone.