Battery indicator

gmmurphy

Reaction score
Battery shows lighting bolt, lock screen indicates charging while not plugged in. it's making me crazy. pulled battery ect. wiped battery stats. a
nyone have idea how to remedy?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
have you tried plugging in the charger and then taking it out?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I believe quite a few folks have had this issue, and from what I remember reading about it, it ends up being a hardware issue. Some have said that some of the pins in the USB port on their phone are out of wack, and can be pushed back into place to correct the problem. Others have had more severe problems and ended up having to get a replacement.

Issue 23789 - android - Galaxy Nexus Charging Issues - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting <-- 500+ responses there, some just saying "me too" but there are some that offer fixes that helped them (YMMV).

My Galaxy Nexus goes crazy (battery/charging issue) - xda-developers <-- XDA thread with quite a few responses as well.

Sorry I can't be much help, but since I don't have the problem, I can't give my personal experience.

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
Battery shows lighting bolt, lock screen indicates charging while not plugged in. it's making me crazy. pulled battery ect. wiped battery stats. a
nyone have idea how to remedy?

thanks for the links. the toothpick worked for a bit. phantom charge comes back after unplugging. this is a hardware problem. i think im going back to to stock and return.

thanks

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
thanks for the links. the toothpick worked for a bit. phantom charge comes back after unplugging. this is a hardware problem. i think im going back to to stock and return.

thanks

I probably would do the same myself, because unless you fix it properly chances are you will run into a more serious problem later (no charging or no way to get back to stock/lock device).

Glad I could help.