No 4G at all.....

Bashlin

Reaction score
Galaxy 3 stuck in 3g

Got a G3 on Verizon's launch and the phone will not switch to 4lte, it stays on 3g.. I live in a 4lte area..

I've been round and round with Verizon which they will do nothing as they say the phone works with 3g so its not broken..but the phone is only 3 weeks old and is glitched.. 2 of my co workers have the 16g phone that stay on 4lte all day..my 32g never leaves 3g :(

Any suggestions..possible bad SIM ??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Got a G3 on Verizon's launch and the phone will not switch to 4lte, it stays on 3g.. I live in a 4lte area..

I've been round and round with Verizon which they will do nothing as they say the phone works with 3g so its not broken..but the phone is only 3 weeks old and is glitched.. 2 of my co workers have the 16g phone that stay on 4lte all day..my 32g never leaves 3g :(

Any suggestions..possible bad SIM ??

Merged with the existing thread about the same topic. :)

Getting a new SIM card would be a great place to start addressing the issue. If you read through this thread, you'll see that worked for the OP.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
New SIM solved it (replaced at a store NOT in a 4G area) on the drive home Wham! 4G, 5 bars all good. The overall reception was greatly improved.
New SIM. If someone tells you that a 4G phone is working fine as long as it is drawing a 3G signal - ask to speak with someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bashlin

Reaction score
It was SIM card..changed it out now getting 25mb up a d 15 mb down