No 3g even after rebooting! Came and gone. WTH!

Mondingo

Reaction score
Ok now I am getting pissed.. I live in a 3g area. Work in 4g area. When I got home phone did not get a 3g signal.. Airplane mode did not work. So I rebooted the phone this morning. Got my 3g signal back. After an hour totally lost 3g again. Had to turn phone back off. Wtf! I know there its an update in November. But will this fix losing a 3g signal as well? Even though I already t rebooted once already?Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
I hope the OTA UPDATE in November fixes all radio signal problems..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

luischavez

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Other than that, the phone its great, but this issue is annoying!

Bmac397

Reaction score
I also have the same issue with my phone dropping 3g for hours at a time. Some days it works fine then other days it just doesn't want to connect.

PAJ

Reaction score
Having the same issue as you guys. Sometimes even when 3G or 4G are lit up, they aren't actually functioning. Talked to Verizon support today and they said this is the first they've heard of a problem like this. I hate being lied to!

Lukeb5301

Reaction score
Got my GF phone day it came out.. live in only 3G area so have LTE turned off.. constantly loses 3G for periods at a time.. Very annoying.. I almost retuned it within grace period.. I don't pay $300 for a phone for it to not work!

TatDroid

Reaction score
I think the data drop problem is worse for the people who are constantly going back and forth between 4G and 3G areas. I've set my phone to 3G only now and so far no data drop for the last few days. I hate to lose 4G, but if my choice is No-G or 3G I'll take 3G. If the update doesn't fix this, my BIONIC (and probably thousands of others ) is going back.

EDIT: although I hadn't seen the post immediately before mine when I posted this. So much for that theory...

Reaction score
lol.. I just had a bunch of peeps tell me that because i'm a tech geek that why I'm so unhappy with my phone. And then posts a long list of their opinions against mine. Now you know how I feel..haha. I am irritated that my 3 g doesn't go back on until the next day at times. But they told me to be happy. How can anyone be happy not having facebook? LOL.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I lose my 3g connection occasionally but turning on Airplane mode, waiting at least 30 seconds and turning Airplane mode off usually fixes mine. Had to reboot a couple times but that has always worked. How long do you guys leave Airplane mode on?

RMcCall

Reaction score
Ok now I am getting pissed.. I live in a 3g area. Work in 4g area. When I got home phone did not get a 3g signal.. Airplane mode did not work. So I rebooted the phone this morning. Got my 3g signal back. After an hour totally lost 3g again. Had to turn phone back off. Wtf! I know there its an update in November. But will this fix losing a 3g signal as well? Even though I already t rebooted once already?Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I found a fix. Download any cut and place the APN shortcut on your homescreen. Then go to it and click menu then click reset to default. Then click another one of the options then go back to Verizon Internet and bam your 3g will be working again. Factory reset and sbf wont fix it this is the only thing that worked dancedroid

TatDroid

Reaction score
place the APN shortcut on your homescreen

I'm not sure what that means.

EDIT: Nvrmd, I found it in AnyCut - but unfortunately this doesn't work for me.